The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arabic commentary is so :awesome:
    • 21 followers

(Original post by n1r4v)
    Arabic commentary is so :awesome:
    And dont forget the Spanish. Heck, other than English, all commentaries are good.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So Raul's already made his mark :erm:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So... Maicon edging ever closer to Real Madrid.

I can't think of any position Madrid are particularly weak in except LB now.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two teams which seem to be getting very good reinforcements are Genoa and Besiktas... so they should be teams to look out for. The latter have incredible fans as well.

Also, highlights from K-league all stars vs Barca. Messi scored two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsWUWn8UW6Y
    • 21 followers

Barca's away kit seems to worsen everywhere. Last year it was pink. Now green?!

Edit: Although could have been much worse.....

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Barca's away kit seems to worsen everywhere. Last year it was pink. Now green?!

Edit: Although could have been much worse.....

I'm sorry, the last two weren't nice but all of the above were quality kits, the neon yellow one for example is legendary, we never lost one game wearing them :yep:
    • 21 followers

(Original post by Barça)
    I'm sorry, the last two weren't nice but all of the above were quality kits, the neon yellow one for example is legendary, we never lost one game wearing them :yep:

The goalkeeper ones this year will make Valdés and Pinto look like they had a close encounter with a giant moth. In the Eighties.

And the away kit… I can’t help but admit that my first reaction when I saw this season’s away kit was utter disgust. But then I remembered that Barça have had some truly horrible away kits in the past; hell, this season’s radioactive mango shirts were hideous (and possibly the source of Dani Alves’ mutant powers!). We had the fluorescent yellow-green that looked like a sweeper’s uniform, the undetermined greyish-pinkish one that was the colour of a corpse that has spent too much time underwater, and a variety of bright colours that would make a highlighter designer proud. So, well, it’s kinda green and sort of navy. And it has a touch of blaugrana. No floppy collars, that’s a plus. It reminds me a little of the Spanish goalkeeper shirt for this year’s World Cup, and a lot more of a pair of really comfortable pyjamas that you wouldn’t let anyone see.
    This quote from a site is exactly how I feel. But meh, as long as we dominate, I don't care. :yep:

The one this year is kinda better though. The pink one last year looked like Barca were promoting breast cancer.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Two teams which seem to be getting very good reinforcements are Genoa and Besiktas... so they should be teams to look out for. The latter have incredible fans as well.

Also, highlights from K-league all stars vs Barca. Messi scored two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsWUWn8UW6Y
    Your right about Genoa, seem to be making the right moves in the market.

Rafinha becomes Genoa's fifth signing of the summer following Luca Toni, Eduardo, Miguel Veloso and on-loan Hoffenheim midfielder Franco Zuculini.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Genoa have been quietly brilliant judging from their signings :yes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kaka is going to be out for three or four months according to Real's website:

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...ul_surgery.htm

Mourinho said it wouldn't be much of a blow though :teehee:.

Not surprising, I don't even know if Kaka would have made the starting line up. Canales is apparently in great form and scored yesterday in their match against Club America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZCWpHYpBQ
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Kaka is going to be out for three or four months according to Real's website:

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...ul_surgery.htm

Mourinho said it wouldn't be much of a blow though :teehee:.

Not surprising, I don't even know if Kaka would have made the starting line up. Canales is apparently in great form and scored yesterday in their match against Club America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZCWpHYpBQ
    Yep, this injury could very well be a blessing in disguise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what's happened to Real Madrid TV on Sky? The channel it used to be on (446) doesn't come on. Has it been moved or been moved to the rubbish bin? Didn't think it was all that tbh but was worth a browse here and then
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if you guys have been watching the Copa Libertadores but some great football being played there, some great talent on show (Hernanes, Taison, Sandro - off to Tottenham soon, Montillo, Marco Fabian, D'Alessandro, etc). :coma: D'Alessandro's still got it:

The final will be Internacional (of Brazil) v Chivas (of Mexico). Chivas are really exciting side to watch - at least 6 of their starting XI are under 23 :eek3: and all their team is Mexican. Salcido, Hernandez and Vela were also all produced through their academy. Internacional are probably the favourites, have that bit more experience and I think they'll do Chivas over on the return leg (first leg will be in Mexico).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For some odd reason Copa Libertadores seems to be bigger than the CL, it spans a massive area in terms of countries.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice, had a look at the dates and I'll be able to watch the first leg of the final :yep:
    • 21 followers

Any other news on the European front?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Transfer speculation mostly. I've been reading about Mourinho's training sessions and methods lately, and if the drills he's focussing heavily on is anything to go by, I think the reports that have said that he'll use the "Chelsea style 4-3-3" might be right. However he's apparently been using a lot of different systems during the pre-season friendlies, so I'm not too sure. Any opinions on how he should line up?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and apparently Maicon talks have broken down.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Transfer speculation mostly. I've been reading about Mourinho's training sessions and methods lately, and if the drills he's focussing heavily on is anything to go by, I think the reports that have said that he'll use the "Chelsea style 4-3-3" might be right. However he's apparently been using a lot of different systems during the pre-season friendlies, so I'm not too sure. Any opinions on how he should line up?

.............Higuain........
    Di Maria...Kaka.....Ronaldo
    ........Alonso..Diarra......
    Marcelo...CB...CB....Ramos
    ............Casillias........

I dont know if they have a replacement for Kaka?
Updated: April 10, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.