The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've got a full license to drive but unless I can find 7k for insurance on a fully modified Audi A3 2L TDI then I'll start driving
I have my driving licence, but I don't drive because I don't have a car, and wont be getting one before university either. Having a car would be really useful right now, but I can't see it being necessary once I go off to uni.
I don't know what kind of question it is this one..there are lots of people who didn't drive until now, so..what?
Reply 23
In all probability you won't be using your car at university.

My university doesn't even allow you to park on campus.
Splodger
I've got a full license to drive but unless I can find 7k for insurance on a fully modified Audi A3 2L TDI then I'll start driving

£7k? Seriously?

I don't drive or have a car. If anything, that was a good thing at uni. I'd never use it so would end up being a waste of money. Plus you can easily walk everywhere or get the awesome transport in London.
Reply 25
Panda Bear
£7k? Seriously?

I don't drive or have a car. If anything, that was a good thing at uni. I'd never use it so would end up being a waste of money. Plus you can easily walk everywhere or get the awesome transport in London.

Yep seriously that was for fully comp, I think its cause of the area I live in I was reading up statistics I think it was in a leaflet and all the roads where I live have a high number of car crimes, Plus my age isn't on my side either.
Reply 26
Blueflare
Sure, if you want to take twice the time to get nowhere near where you're going. :rolleyes:
Also a serious pain if you're trying to move anything like shopping... groceries on the bus... FML.

^^
I tried to spend 2 months away from driving and it was horrible. I had to get a car because I was so used to having a car. I guess until you get a car, you can deal with public transport.
Reply 27
I have a license, but I don't drive due to not owning a car. It doesn't impede me in any way at univeristy.
I can't/don't drive and it hasn't made a difference, at home I live next to a train station, at uni, I'm 10 mins walk from uni/15 mins from town. Wouldn't get a car anyway. I can afford it, but would rather not throw the money away.
I passed last September. I haven't driven since.
Reply 30
Well I'm only 16 but I don't want to drive any ways.
Reply 31
Pretty sure a lot of people don't drive at uni. Where I'm going (UCL) I definitely won't need it, although I have passed my test so I won't have to bother after uni.
Reply 32
I don't drive as I disagree with it environmentally. I mean, we're gonna have to stop sooner or later.
Reply 33
Buggered car once, didn't have it for a year and a bit whilst at uni, was utterly rubbish. Hated it.
I don't because I ran out of money in 6th form. I intend to get my licence with my first loan instalment so I can do it before I graduate.

It hasn't impacted me so far because I could never afford a car/insurance anyway.
It would suck not having a car.

Far too used to it now.
Reply 36
I Learned to drive before going to uni, which meant when I finished uni I could get my own car and jobhunt without worrying about learning. Worked out fine, £600 insurance for my first year as I'd held my license for 4 years and I can go anywhere without relying on a local public transport system that costs £150 a month, takes twice as long to get anywhere then another 15 minutes of walking to get to where I really wanted.
:bike:

I get rides if I don't feel well enough to bike.
I have a motorbike license, not a car.
Reply 39
I do not drive - the Philippines, or at least the part I live in, are crowded and busy. I take public transport. I guess it might be easier to drive, but also much more expensive. Trains and buses can get much too hot and slow however.

Latest

Trending

Trending