The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just because I don't have a valid license, doesn't stop me from driving :dontknow:. I mean I am now banned from driving my boyfriend's car, but I am sure a new victim will come by someday :moon:
I won't be driving at uni, but I want to pass before I go so that I don't have to learn once I graduate.
Which gives me a year to pass. :biggrin:
I don't drive. Failed my test and couldn't be arsed resitting it.

And no, it doesn't affect my university lifestyle. I go to Uni in a small city where everything I need is within walking distance.

Plus even i could, my hedonistic lifestyle makes it too expensive to afford any car type stuff. I'll just sponge off people with cars.
I'm learning. I'm hopefully taking a year out in-between 1st and 2nd year. Which probably means I'll be finding a job and getting insurance. My dad can't drive anymore so he gave me his old car, so I have to get insurance for that but I've found a quote for a grand which isn't that bad. It will also help my mum out as I'll be able to take over some of the stress of ferrying people about.
Jangrafess
No. I'll do it when I can afford it.

Driving can cost quite a bit. :frown:
I learnt at 17 because I live 7 miles from the nearest (small) town and the only bus comes about once a week if there are enough volunteers to drive it and I'm not sure if you can get back again. Most young people round here learn whilst they're in the sixth form because it means they don't have to rely on their parents to be a taxi service all the time.

At my uni we weren't allowed cars because there was nowhere to park them and Cambridge is small enough that you can walk or bike everywhere, or get a bus if you need to go to the hospital. So no, not having one didn't impact my life at uni!

Latest

Trending

Trending