The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It sucks, your sibling will always outdo you and you kind of give up on trying to win your parents affection.
There's 5 and a half years between me and my brother, I was quite spoiled until he was born. :P
It's annoying how he gets away with stuff which I would never have been allowed to do at his age, but that's my parents fault, not his.
He's an alright kid really. :smile:
Hmmm interesting. There are some people who are best friends and get along great with their siblings, some fight but still get along, and some just dont get along at all. I just cant get my head around the fact that you all have someone who shares a lot of the same DNA as you , be quite cool :smile: I wonder when twins are babies, they look at the other twin and think its them... or maybe thats just me being silly :P
Bitter sweet.
My brother is one of the only people I can trust with anything. If we fall out then we make up within hours. We'll always have each others backs.

On the other hand he can be annoying occasionally.
Reply 84
jjarvis
They're two people I can trust with almost everyone. We understand each other, support each other, can talk about either or both of our parents...

I love my sisters, and feel privileged to count them among my closest friends. I wish we could see each other more often.

(FWIW, my sisters are identical twins, so they have a particularly special bond. I've never felt like it diminished my closeness to them.)

That sounds amazing.

For me, it's different. There's a seven year age gap between me and my sister (who's the oldest of my three siblings) so I feel more like a mother than a sister to them - I'm more independent and have more responsibilities than they do.
I grew out of the fun things they're into ages before they will, and it's not like I can share secrets and talk seriously to them, as they're so young.

All I ever do is look after them or tell them what to do, or tell them off for doing wrong. :/
I don't like it, but I don't know how to change it. hopefully going to uni will give me the space I want and make us all appreciate each other.
My sister can annoy the hell out of me, and I do the same to her, but I love her to bits, and would trust her more than anyone. Not that I'd ever tell her that :p: Wasn't always like that though, we hated each other as kids :biggrin:
Reply 86
It is mixed to have a brother, there are good and bad times.
Reply 87
Used to be good when we were little (my brother is 3 years younger) because you'd always have a playmate in the house, or someone to get excited with at christmas, or just someone to fight with when you felt like it. :p: Now that we're both older we kind of get in each other's way, we argue a lot but it's never serious.
Reply 88
I hated my sister bitterly until I was around 16. Then, my mum announced we would be going on a family holiday to Lebanon so we started talking. She said our friendship started when I have her a funny look in the kitchen, affirming my status in her head as a 'joker'. At first it was quite awkward as we couldn't even admit that we liked guys but we got gradually closer as time went on. We're pretty much best friends now and over time, we've started looking like each other even though I'm 2 years older. The amount of times we get confused for twins is insane. All in all, 'tis awesome having sisters. I count my blessings every other day. :p:

My brothers are pricks, though. I need to do something bad to them soon.
When you're younger, you don't get lonely and bored, if you want to go out with friends but can't. There were the odd arguments, but, as you get older and move off into new places, you get along fine. Tbh, I wouldn't have it any other way. :h:
Reply 90
Depends on age really. My brothers are way too young for me to really connect with them. Siblings are annoying, here I'll make you feel good about being an only child:

They're expensive, so everything your parents earn has to be divided between you. Only childs, I've noticed, get thrice as many holidays, Christmas presents, and cash from their parents as those with siblings.

They're annoying (if younger). Loud, daft, mischievous.

I've had to miss many a good night out to babysit for them..

Since they know you better than anyone else they're at a prime position to bitch about you should you piss them off.

Despite that though, I love 'em :biggrin:
awesome

then we argue really bad and hate each other for 15 minutes

awesome

then we argue about having to share things/a room

awesome

then we argue about why we fancy such pathetic, awful, ridiculous, outrageous people

awesome

then there's one ice cream left
Reply 92
my brother is 8 years younger than me, he's 9, and varies betwene being a complete bumlicker and a rude little ****

he loves me though, it's cute, but can get very annoying
still, it's nice when we do bond. because he's so much younger than me i feel like i'm shaping the person he's going to be
You're never lonely and you always have someone to play with when you're younger. Luckily for me, me and my brother remained close as we grew up - it means there's always someone you can talk to and count on for everything, and it's like a friend who'll never leave.
You also fight a lot and **** yourself when the other one starts crying and say "please don't tell mum" a hell of a lot.
Reply 94
I have a twin sister. We hang around with the same people, i'm in most of the same classes as her at school, we see each other alllll the time at home. we are constantly with each other, it's hell!!! Thank goodness we dont share a bedroom, it's the only time i'm away from her. I wouldnt mind having a wee sister or brother or an older sister or brother, but being a twin is soo bad:frown:
Having a sister is the best, for me its like having a best friend who you can be 100% yourself around, no judgement or anything. I think it also teaches you how to share things and not be selfish, my Dad is an only child and I feel he is like this sometimes.
We have terrible arguments though and she always nicks my clothes without asking, which is bad when your about to go out and your dress/top is dirty...

Its good though, neither of us ever rats on eachother because we have to much dirt on eachother, if she tells me mum something I did, I have plenty of trump cards on her :biggrin:
Reply 96
it hell trust me
its better being the only child enjoying the luxuries:smile:
Reply 97
it's ok with 5 of them, one of them is the most horrible person to walk the planet though.
and he's the one i had to live with for the longest
Reply 98
I have two sisters, one is 13 months younger than me and one is 3 years younger than me.

I get along best with my sister who's 13 months younger, probably because we are so close in age (we're 18 and 19 at the moment) so we have the most in common. We like to watch trash TV together (Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum and Four Weddings, etc. :p:) and next year we might even be attending the same University.

I do get along well with my youngest sister, although we do clash more often than I do with my other sister. Sometimes she can be really irritating and moody (like any 15 year old) and she's always bringing her equally irritating friends round :p: I'm always giving her money to go in town with and buying her make up so I must love her a little bit :p:

It's funny this question should come up on here, last night my younger sister was at work and my youngest sister is at a camp thing and it was just me and my parents, and it felt really weird. I don't think I'd like being an only child now I've had the experience of siblings.
Reply 99
My older brother used to be a right **** when he still lived at home!

But now he's moved out we get on fine!

Latest

Trending

Trending