The Student Room Group

i see so many men with ''thai'' brides

firstly, dont think they're al necessarfily thai anyway, the market actually includes women from china, vietnam etc etc, they dont have to be thai to be a ''thai bride'' if that makes sense, it's just a term that has become popular

now i dont want to stereotype, it would bne real rude to assume that every guy with an eastern girl holding his hand has a eastern bride he's bought. and i dont. they're probably british asian anyway. but, recently pretty much every time i'm out and about i seeat least one example of such a couple where the women, always considerably younger looking (the bloke is usually middle aged to old), has a really strong eastern accent.

whilst i am sure plenty of men meet women in the east and bring em back and plenty of such women come here and meet a man whilst still fresh, i am sure it doesnt happen enough for even 10% of these couples i see to be of this oriugin. im sure most are just brides from the interent or whatever

how ******* sad :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
whatever makes them happy
chepaer than russians
Men get old and lonely, immigrants need a way into the country.
Reply 4
My best mate was 16 when he met a Thai girl from Birmingham, who was also 16. Now they are still together and have a son.
Reply 5
i don't really see why its any of your business. its not like it affects you in anyway
The Thai rack is a popular British store, so I'm not surprise you see so many couples around.
Reply 7
A lot of British women are fat and ugly. I'd look elsewhere too if it came to it.
Reply 8
Neo
i don't really see why its any of your business. its not like it affects you in anyway

i know.
Reply 9
PAPAdawg
i know.

You know what?
Some are Mail Order Brides but whatever floats their boat.
Reply 11
BandManDan
A lot of British women are fat and ugly. I'd look elsewhere too if it came to it.

This is funny
Reply 12
Neo
You know what?

lol did you forget what you typed?

I know it's none of my business. I just don't give a ****
Postage is much cheaper now. Thai brides are a more available option.
PAPAdawg
firstly, dont think they're al necessarfily thai anyway, the market actually includes women from china, vietnam etc etc, they dont have to be thai to be a ''thai bride'' if that makes sense, it's just a term that has become popular

now i dont want to stereotype, it would bne real rude to assume that every guy with an eastern girl holding his hand has a eastern bride he's bought. and i dont. they're probably british asian anyway. but, recently pretty much every time i'm out and about i seeat least one example of such a couple where the women, always considerably younger looking (the bloke is usually middle aged to old), has a really strong eastern accent.

whilst i am sure plenty of men meet women in the east and bring em back and plenty of such women come here and meet a man whilst still fresh, i am sure it doesnt happen enough for even 10% of these couples i see to be of this oriugin. im sure most are just brides from the interent or whatever

I can answer this because I have direct experience of this. My mum is from the philippines and she married my dad when he was middle aged.
They use marriage as a token out of their poverty filled lives and to make a new one in a more privileged society. :woo:
I don't agree with it morally, but from my mum's point of view, she was living in poverty and my dad was a way out of that life.

Disclaimer: Not all orientals who married middle aged Brits are like this! Most of these women I talk about are still happily married with their other half and go on to lead honest and prosperous lives.

Oh, and it's not just Orientals that do this, Russians do it too.
Reply 15
PAPAdawg
lol did you forget what you typed?

I know it's none of my business. I just don't give a ****

You know it's none of your business and you don't give a **** yet you have still created a thread here and wasted my time.
Reply 16
PAPAdawg

where are you the Thai Bride Devlivery Centre?, Thailand? either way who cares if there that sad? it isn't effecting you unless there buying all the brides you wanted!
PAPAdawg

My former History teacher had a Thai bride :yep: It was a bit of a running joke at school. Until we found out she divorced him after a few months. He was maybe mid-40s and she was under 30 by all accounts.

One of the other History teachers told us that she was the authentic thai bride. Bought and everything.

But it makes you wonder what he must have been like for her to divorce him and go back to Thailand.... :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Neo
You know it's none of your business and you don't give a **** yet you have still created a thread here and wasted my time.

Im a troll that's what i live for.
My uncle married a Thai woman and have been very happy for many years.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.