The Student Room Group

Returning item from Topshop - no recipt

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OnlyMe!
Recently purchased this, but can't find proof of purchase.

The item is clearly new, has it's tags, etc.

Should it be fine to return? (I don't expect a refund, just a gift voucher/exchange)

Hi wondering if anyone can help me out here, i ordered boots of topshop about a month ago, ive wore them less than five times and went to wear them today and they have a split down the back, i dont know weather their faulty or if its something ive done but ive hardly wore the boots and cant imagine boots costing nearly £50 could last for such little time. i dont have receipt or box as i discarded them ages ago, the only thing i have is the paypal email confirming my purchase, ive tried to ring to get through to ask topshop if theres anything they can do, i know i wont get a full refund but i would be happy with exhange or credit note although i dont know if i will get that. does anyone work for topshop or know how this would work?
sorry for the long message just cant understand how theyve broke already and i have worn them a handful of times, they are in near perfect conditon bar a few scuffs on the soles
Reply 21
What if you have a bank statement for something you bought in topshop because you can't find the receipt. Would you be able to get a refund?
I would go into the store and explain what has happened. I used to work at Topshop and staff can check how 'old' a product is using the code on the clothing not label. Given that there is clearly a fault with the product, they should be able to give you a gift receipt/credit note.

I wouldn't bother calling up the store either, as the staff member you spoke to may not be in the shop when you actually go in...that's my experience anyhow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I got a dress for Christmas off my hubby and can't find the receipt I know it's gone in the sale but if I know the day and date I came in with a bank statement can you pull off a till statement?
I ordered a coat and want to return it, I don’t have a e receipt but I have my order confirmation will I get my money back? Credit/gift card?
Would really be appreciated if you could reply as going to try return tomorrow x
what if it was many years ago, tags on?

Quick Reply

Latest