The Student Room Group

Top 5 games of this generation so far

Scroll to see replies

In no particular order:

1) Fallout 3
2) Fable 2
3) Uncharted 2
4) Assassin's Creed 2 or Pokemon silver/gold (Can't quite decide)
5) The Sims 2

I don't get the Oblivion and Halo thing. Oblivion is a bit over-rated - I tried it and just couldn't get into it. Went and bought Dragon Age instead. Much better :smile:
B&+V&
Only 1 worthy game in that lineup.

Don't be a game snob, it's pathetic. :wink:
Reply 62
Mine are all PC:
Portal.
Guild Wars.
Civilisation 4.
Rome:Total War.
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn [Yes, breaking the rules as it was released in 2000, but for a game as good as this I really don't care.]
Addzter
Don't be a game snob, it's pathetic. :wink:

Dont reel off the top 10 games, makes you look retarded. I cant beleive you actually put COD and GTA in, thats just mega Lulz.
1. TES: Oblivion (PS3)
2. Fallout 3 (PS3)
3. CoD 4 (PS3)
4. Civ IV (PC)
5. MGS 4
B&+V&
Dont reel off the top 10 games, makes you look retarded. I cant beleive you actually put COD and GTA in, thats just mega Lulz.

It was top five actually, not top ten. And last time I checked, the quality of games is subjective - there's no definitive list, so if I think CoD and Grand Theft Auto are two of the best games this gen, I'll think that.

EDIT: Notice you haven't said what you think the top five games of this generation are. :rolleyes:
Addzter
It was top five actually, not top ten. And last time I checked, the quality of games is subjective - there's no definitive list, so if I think CoD and Grand Theft Auto are two of the best games this gen, I'll think that.

EDIT: Notice you haven't said what you think the top five games of this generation are. :rolleyes:

In top 10 im talking general terms, you've just picked sucessful chart games.

1 - MGS2 (For its time)
2 - GTA vice city (Again, for its time)
3 - Half life 2
4 - World of warcraft
5 - Elder scross: oblivion

other notable mentions are Timesplitters 2, MGS3, MGS4, GTA: san
andreas

Checkmate.
B&+V&
In top 10 im talking general terms, you've just picked sucessful chart games.

1 - MGS2 (For its time)
2 - GTA vice city (Again, for its time)
3 - Half life 2
4 - World of warcraft
5 - Elder scross: oblivion

other notable mentions are Timesplitters 2, MGS3, MGS4, GTA: san
andreas

Checkmate.

I have picked successful chart games, but just because they were successful doesn't also mean they weren't excellent games. I mean, Oblivion, World Of Warcraft and GTA were all extremely popular games too, as is Half Life 2 for a PC game.
Addzter
I have picked successful chart games, but just because they were successful doesn't also mean they weren't excellent games. I mean, Oblivion, World Of Warcraft and GTA were all extremely popular games too, as is Half Life 2 for a PC game.

You honestly picked GTA 4 over San andreas AND Vice city, son are you a weekend warrior? Get out my forum.

LOL@ the neg too, such a pretentious faggot.
B&+V&
You honestly picked GTA 4 over San andreas AND Vice city, son are you a weekend warrior? Get out my forum.

LOL@ the neg too, such a pretentious faggot.

Maybe you didn't notice, but the OP was asking for our top five games of this generation; GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City were last gen games! :lol:

You're calling me pretentious when you're being a full on games snob? Ha! :rofl:
Reply 70
pes2010
pes2005
fif08
GTAIV
Top spin 3
Reply 71
1. Counter-Strike series (PC)
2. Halo Series
3. Final Fantasy
4. WoW (sad but true)
Reply 72
seems like a lot of these lists are missing one major game; Mass Effect 2.
but ye
1)MGS4 (PS3)
2)Mass Effect 2 (360)
3)Heavy Rain (PS3)
4)Fallout 3 (PC/360/PS3)
5)Batman:Arkham Asylum (PC/360/PS3)

Wish I would say the orange box but i guess that would be cheating but its definitely noteworthy. GTA4, Bioshock and Gears of War were all nicely presented but at the end of the day I feel that the above games made a much more lasting impression although Gears Of War was the first real unreal engine based game on 360 and Bioshock was a nice game but I enjoyed Batman more personally. GTA4 really did change the way the series went and the physics in the game were quite real. I almost forgot about portable consoles! I think The World Ends With You definitely deserves an honourable mention and so does the first legend of zelda game on DS. Monster Hunter and MGS: Peace walker are meant to be quite good but I've never played them personally.
Addzter
Maybe you didn't notice, but the OP was asking for our top five games of this generation; GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City were last gen games! :lol:

You're calling me pretentious when you're being a full on games snob? Ha! :rofl:

And your being a full on games scrub, you have no say you Xbox HEUG social gamer.
B&+V&
And your being a full on games scrub, you have no say you Xbox HEUG social gamer.

Dude, don't try and get all high and mighty because your favorite games were slightly less popular than my favorite games. I like the ones you said just fine, just not as much as the ones I said. Stop being such a judgement prick and, uh, maybe get laid while you're at it. :wink:
Addzter
Dude, don't try and get all high and mighty because your favorite games were slightly less popular than my favorite games. I like the ones you said just fine, just not as much as the ones I said. Stop being such a judgement prick and, uh, maybe get laid while you're at it. :wink:

This makes anyone who has an active interest in gaming want to cry, you sir are shameful.
B&+V&
This makes anyone who has an active interest in gaming want to cry, you sir are shameful.

You chose WoW FFS. That, coupled with the fact you have Pedobear as your avatar does not paint a very nice picture of you sir. Did you appear in South Park by any chance?

:teehee:
Addzter
You chose WoW FFS. That, coupled with the fact you have Pedobear as your avatar does not paint a very nice picture of you sir. Did you appear in South Park by any chance?

:teehee:

WoW's a revolutionary game, its going on 4+ years without any graphics overhaul. Its stood strong vs competition like Age of conan and Warhammer, those games are pretty much dead when once seen as a big threat to WoW.

Heres for AoC Screenshots.

Face it, WoW's a revolutionary PC game, rated within the top 20 if im right for games of all time. a player base of over 13m isnt bad for PC too.
Reply 78
Ohh, a list thread.

Mass Effect 2
Team Fortress 2
Uncharted 2
Empire: Total War
EvE Online (I don't play it, but it's pretty incredible).
Reply 79
Jordan-Kirby
:yes:

Gears 1 indeed. Not 2 though.

Quick Reply

Latest