The Starcraft 2 Megathread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i will torrent it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bought it on Thursday, such an awesome game. I never really played the first starcraft properly but was (+ still am) a big fan of warcraft 3.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i played the first mission
    i don't want to play anymore
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    What happened to like half the posts on this page? :lolwut:

Anyway, getting this game tomorrow, can't wait

Although I haven't played the first :eek: will StarCraft II still make sense? :confused:
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    What happened to like half the posts on this page? :lolwut:
    Deleted Reason simply being that quite a few of the trolly anti-SC2 posts in here have been made by one man and his dog one troll and his dupes. Said troll is currently serving a temp ban, and since he seems to have a particular hatred of this game, I've been keeping a closer eye on this thread than I'd like to :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Question: Is the multiplayer actually strategic or is it just a massive rock-paper-scissors zergfest like SC and WCIII?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    Question: Is the multiplayer actually strategic or is it just a massive rock-paper-scissors zergfest like SC and WCIII?
    Apparently it's a mix of Korean level pros and people who are new to the game. This is causing a lot of problems as it means the new players can't learn from the pros as they are all segregated by the ranking system, leading to a hell of a lot of in-game flaming and general frustration.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Its awesome but online play takes a lot of practise. Especially as a Zerg player the amount of cheap tricks the other two races have is incredible you got to scout early to see whats coming.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im loving the online, but whether you win is hit or miss tbh, You either seem to play against really good people or really bad people. There seems to be no imbetween
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What league is everyone in out of interest?
    I'm in platinum atm but played in the beta so have a bit of an advantage :yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im in platninum, bet but never played sc1 or beta, guess i just have raw talent ; D
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarsi)
    Alright, I understood every word you said.
    Your avatar is Borat. Veri naaaaaais! No boom boom!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just got the game this morning and I think it's alright. It doesn't strike me as OMFG AMAZING but its good fun. Not tried online yet - gonna have a play on campaign for a bit first.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    :facepalm2:
    Right. Strategy in a strategy game. What am I thinking?

I've been playing Blizz strategies since the release of WCII. For the de facto epitome of the RTS genre, they're really not very strategic.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right. Strategy in a strategy game. What am I thinking?

I've been playing Blizz strategies since the release of WCII. For the de facto epitome of the RTS genre, they're really not very strategic.
    Don't really know what to say if you think Broodwar is "just a massive rock-paper-scissors zergfest".

http://www.teamliquid.net

Welcome, come on in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to add me online? How would you go about doing that - what's a character code?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm incredibly cross at the custom map system :rant:

I can't host custom map games and basically can't play any map not in the 50 most popular... really blizzard? :rant:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    First game i've bought properly in AGGGGGGGES! Definitely worth the money and 12year wait

Play campaign first and learn the basics, multiplayer is whatever you want, stick to lower leagues for random rushes. Or play properly, and learn the full on tactics, watch demo's of pro's (not just korean FYI). Can't wait to fail uni and own on SC2
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ste0731)
    First game i've bought properly in AGGGGGGGES! Definitely worth the money and 12year wait

Play campaign first and learn the basics, multiplayer is whatever you want, stick to lower leagues for random rushes. Or play properly, and learn the full on tactics, watch demo's of pro's (not just korean FYI). Can't wait to fail uni and own on SC2
    well i guess you can't be any worse at sc2 than you are at css..

tEEhEE :~D

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 1, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.