The Student Room Group

Boots online application

are you not allow to apply for more than one job?

because it asks me:
Do you have an existing job application for a role with us in a nearby store?

Exactly how far away do they mean by a 'nearby store' ? in the same city? within 10 miles?

Scroll to see replies

Just put "no". It just means do you have any other jobs going at the moment. I have alway put "no". They mean another Boots shop. I assume you don't work in any other Boots shops otherwise you woudln't be wanting to work in another haha.
Reply 2
Bear in mind, that if you fail the questionnaire once. Your future app's will be 'void' and you will get the same generic response.
Reply 3
JOjo1992Newport
Just put "no". It just means do you have any other jobs going at the moment. I have alway put "no". They mean another Boots shop. I assume you don't work in any other Boots shops otherwise you woudln't be wanting to work in another haha.

its not asking if I'm currently working at a boots shop, instead its asking if I'm applying the positions at one
Reply 4
W.H.T
its not asking if I'm currently working at a boots shop, instead its asking if I'm applying the positions at one

If you've already applied for a position, there's no point in doing another one, because the decision will be the same.That's why they ask.
Reply 5
Junaid16
Bear in mind, that if you fail the questionnaire once. Your future app's will be 'void' and you will get the same generic response.

are you serious?
No wonder I never got a job, I applied over a year ago with no work experience - got rejected. Since then I got a job, and applied to boots again and they still said the same ****.
Reply 6
Junaid16

Is this true? I guess that's why I got rejected twice...oops!
Reply 7
*Darcie*
Is this true? I guess that's why I got rejected twice...oops!

Yeah, i think so. Because,once i 'accidentally' forgot to fill in the questionnaire for a position and submitted it. I still got this reply

Thank you for applying for the position of Sales Assistant - London Moorgate Highstreet.

We have received a high volume of applications for this specific role and unfortunately after final review you have missed out on this occasion. You have demonstrated the attributes we look for at Boots and we will keep reviewing your application against other suitable roles as they arise. We appreciate the time you have taken so far and would like to encourage you to go to www.boots.jobs and register for job alerts in order to be the first to hear of our new vacancies. Once again we would like to thank you for your interest in Boots.

Which shows that they probably refer back to your original questionnaire and base their decision on that.
Reply 8
pina.Love
are you serious?
No wonder I never got a job, I applied over a year ago with no work experience - got rejected. Since then I got a job, and applied to boots again and they still said the same ****.

Yeah, i think so. Because,once i 'accidentally' forgot to fill in the questionnaire for a position and submitted it. I still got this reply which means they based it on my original questionnaire.

Thank you for applying for the position of Sales Assistant - London Moorgate Highstreet.

We have received a high volume of applications for this specific role and unfortunately after final review you have missed out on this occasion. You have demonstrated the attributes we look for at Boots and we will keep reviewing your application against other suitable roles as they arise. We appreciate the time you have taken so far and would like to encourage you to go to www.boots.jobs and register for job alerts in order to be the first to hear of our new vacancies. Once again we would like to thank you for your interest in Boots.

Which shows that they probably refer back to your original questionnaire and base their decision on that.
Reply 9
Junaid16
Yeah, i think so. Because,once i 'accidentally' forgot to fill in the questionnaire for a position and submitted it. I still got this reply which means they based it on my original questionnaire.

well that sucks.
Reply 10
so are you guys telling me that if they reject you once, don't bother applying again?
Reply 11
W.H.T
so are you guys telling me that if they reject you once, don't bother applying again?

Pretty much, unless your questionnaire result is deemed 'good' enough.
Reply 12
Junaid16
Pretty much, unless your questionnaire result is deemed 'good' enough.

how do I know if it is deemed 'good' enough?
Reply 13
W.H.T
how do I know if it is deemed 'good' enough?

Scroll up to the email that i posted, that's when it's good but other things hinder you. If it's bad you'll just get a flat out NO.
Reply 14
Junaid16
Scroll up to the email that i posted, that's when it's good but other things hinder you. If it's bad you'll just get a flat out NO.

lol, they never just give a straight 'NO' response. They always reject you in the most 'professional' way possible. This is almost certainty comes in the form of a dissertation.
Reply 15
W.H.T
lol, they never just give a straight 'NO' response. They always reject you in the most 'professional' way possible. This is almost certainty comes in the form of a dissertation.

No need to be so pedantic.

Dear Junaid

Thank you for applying for the position Sales Assistant - London Waterloo Station.

Your application and questionnaire results for this position have been carefully assessed and I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, I would like to thank you for your application, and for the interest you have shown in Boots.

We wish you every success in the future.

Spot the difference.
Reply 16
Junaid16
Yeah, i think so. Because,once i 'accidentally' forgot to fill in the questionnaire for a position and submitted it. I still got this reply

Screw them. :smile:
Junaid16

Junaid16
If you've already applied for a position, there's no point in doing another one, because the decision will be the same.That's why they ask.

This isn't true, I've applied for many Boots positions and been rejected, the first time because my questionnaire answers weren't good enough, then I learned how to fill it in and got the other response but still rejected. Then on my last application, probably about the 6th I've filled in for Boots, I got an interview and then got the job.

It's definitely worth applying again despite having been rejected before. Just bear in mind that for about a month or so after you've been rejected, it won't process your applications so wait a little while before applying again.
Reply 18
luckylucifer
This isn't true, I've applied for many Boots positions and been rejected, the first time because my questionnaire answers weren't good enough, then I learned how to fill it in and got the other response but still rejected. Then on my last application, probably about the 6th I've filled in for Boots, I got an interview and then got the job.

It's definitely worth applying again despite having been rejected before. Just bear in mind that for about a month or so after you've been rejected, it won't process your applications so wait a little while before applying again.

how do you know that I have to wait for a month?
W.H.T
how do you know that I have to wait for a month?

I don't know that it's a month, roughly that. When I applied and got rejected, if I applied again too soon after it would send me an email telling me that I couldn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending