The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 1
They are single beds in the Endcliffe Village. Do you know where you'll be living yet?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
TheNack
They are single beds in the Endcliffe Village. Do you know where you'll be living yet?

nope no idea yet :smile:
Reply 3
They are singles, unless you applied for the more expensive luxury rooms which have double beds. (and big rooms :O )
Reply 4
This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but.. are there locks on the doors? As in on your own door, when you go out you can you lock up your room behind you? etc...

They showed us how the blocks had pretty good security and stuff, but I'm a privacy freak. Living in halls may change this but I'm still curious :awesome:
every type of halls / flats accomodation i've been in at unis has locks on the room doors , it would be mighty strange if it didn't, shared houses however may be somewhat different
Reply 6
TLDR
This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but.. are there locks on the doors? As in on your own door, when you go out you can you lock up your room behind you? etc...

They showed us how the blocks had pretty good security and stuff, but I'm a privacy freak. Living in halls may change this but I'm still curious :awesome:

Yep, you have locks on all doors so you can lock it from the inside and lock it from the outside with a key when you're out to lectures or something. However, don't get used to it because in 2nd year chances are in the house you rent you won't have locks. :biggrin:
Reply 7
How many keys do you have? Like is it a code to get in, key for flat, key for room?
racoon97
How many keys do you have? Like is it a code to get in, key for flat, key for room?

You have a swipe card/fob to get into your block/building, and the key you get opens the door to your flat and your room.
Reply 9
mazza558
You have a swipe card/fob to get into your block/building, and the key you get opens the door to your flat and your room.

Interesting... THANKS! Any other exciting info about rooms? lol
racoon97
Interesting... THANKS! Any other exciting info about rooms? lol

The first few days' internet speed is not representative of what you'll get for the rest of the year. After a few days it drops to probably below what you're used to at home. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Take a look at the other thread about pictures of Endcliffe, I put up a bunch of pictures of my room. :smile:
A good thing to do when pre drinking is put your room key in someone elses door when they lock themselves in to get ready or whatever, they wont be able to open it in from the inside which is endless fun when drunk! :smile:
Reply 13
Chris12002
A good thing to do when pre drinking is put your room key in someone elses door when they lock themselves in to get ready or whatever, they wont be able to open it in from the inside which is endless fun when drunk! :smile:

Hahaha, I did this to someone, they had to climb out the window to get out :smile: Was ground floor...

Latest

Trending

Trending