The Student Room Group

Scott Cornwall Colour B4 Hair Colour Removal - Anyone used it?

Scroll to see replies

Please someone help me, I used colour b4 it took me ginger I have been using xxl red passion with straightners. On day of using colour b4 salon did strand test and bleach did nothing, will bleach not work at all now?
If bleach didnt lift on day of using colour b4 will it never lighten it?
How can i get it to lighten if bleach didnt work? How long do i wait before I can try bleach again to see if it lifts at all?
Please someone help me, I used colour b4 it took me ginger I have been using xxl red passion with straightners. On day of using colour b4 salon did strand test and bleach did nothing, will bleach not work at all now?
Reply 44
Hi my hair has turned light gingery blond since using b4 but is way better than before :smile: could you possibly let me know what I could use to make it more blonde to tone it down, thank you xxx
I love this product!!!
I've used it so many times and mostly gone from black and it's always lifted my hair to a lovely colour and always kept the condition soft and healthy.
Unfortunately no matter how many times I have rinsed it, it always darkens. Still maintains at least 4 shades lighter!
I would highly recommend this product! Xx
Reply 46
You need to follow the instructions precisely. A lot of people think they can apply this product direct to hair without prep.

Wash hair thoroughly (NO conditioner)

Dry it thoroughly

Apply the mix. Really rub it into all bits of your hair. This isn't a hair dye.

If you have deep colour, keep it on to the time suggested (up to 45 mins). Don't get upset about your hair being the wrong colour and expecting a fix in an hour. This takes time. Live with it.

Rinse loads. Do it in a shower

Make sure you keep a little bit of the mix back to run through your hair and rinse it again

Run the finishing cream through

Rinse and dry your hair. Give in an hour. Your hair will look ginger (if brunette, but DON'T PANIC!!)

Apply your new colour. Apply the full tube of post-dye conditioner instead of a little bit

Great result

This is no quick fix, but it's an effective one if you do it properly.
Hi I used colour b4 on my hair the other day and it's gone to a light brown/blonde but still a few dark bits in it but asking for any advice to use colour b4 again or could I put the xxl live colour on my hair or would it go dark or patchy
Reply 48
Hi guy's, after using the colour remover my hair went the usual warm golden ginger colour , but then the next time I washed my hair and let it dry, it was almost back to the dark brown /black I started out with ! What the heck ...can someone please advise me on why it did this xx
I’ve used this twice , it worked both times to strip my hair back from brown to bleach blonde, , 2nd time I had to do twice but that was to be expected after the severe dark one I put onDon’t dye your hair straight after this product , I tried putting on a light brown and it near enough turned out black lol that’s cause the hair pores are still open ectThis does what it says on the box, rinsing is key, if you don’t do the rinsing properly and for the whole time then you ain’t washing out the colour properly
Reply 50
I’ve just used this to get rid of old dark brown hair dye but the smell is foul! Anyone had much luck getting rid of the eggy smell?!
Original post by Blueflare
Colour B4 does not make your hair ginger. That is the actual colour of most people's hair after they have dyed it and it is caused by hairdye.
So yes, if you use Colour B4, your hair will likely be ginger. But your hair is already ginger right now, all colour B4 does is let you see the ginger that's already there.

Anyway, this product works really really well.
I had Schwartzkopf Live XXL Midnight Blue (which was blackish) and Colour B4 (the strongest type) got my hair back to a lovely copper colour in one application. It got all the black out, I was actually amazed by how effective it was.

It will fail to work however if you've used a lot of heat on your hair, straighteners in particular. This is because Live XXL contains silicone. Heat melts the silicone and then when it re-solidifies it effectively encases your hair in an impenetrable silicone force-field. Even bleach couldn't do much about it, so don't go blaming the Colour B4 if this is the case.

Some people say Colour B4 doesn't work but they're almost invariably people who either failed to use it properly or to do adequate research into whether it would work on their hair.

Well I have used colour before several times and it develops from dark brown ho pale Orange and then it re-oxidises during rinsing. And the excuse every time is you need to rinse longer. I timed it, moved the hair under the water and there is no way it’s going to stay light. I’ve asked about using the buffer earlier as the 1st rinse appear to need more than water, but can not get a staring answer from the colour B4 company. It’s a shame as I can see it could work if only it could be rinsed properly 😫
Hi I have stripped my hair which was really dark brown. Iv got to the ginger part of it which is fine as it’s so much lighter. Now to get rid of the ginger an go lighter what’s best to use?
Ive been dyin my hair dark purples for couple of yrs my natural i think is mid brown n start of aging. ive used colour b4 on it and its left me with the natural red pigments, like a dark ginger brown tone, as i am wanting blondish silver i used another colour b4 to try lighten it more and unfortunately still at ginger stage altho its lightened it more.. mayb try colour b4 just once. If it goes too light u can tone or dye it right shade. If its still holdin pigments(poss red) u may like it x
Reply 54
I've been dying my hair with permanent black box dye for 8 years and decided to use the xtra strength formula. It turned my roots a coppery brown, slowly getting darker at the ends (oldest dye). Would it be a good idea to buy another box tomorrow and try it again to see if it gets lighter? I have naturally mousy brown hair. Very impressed with this product so far considering I only discovered it today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending