The Student Room Group

Getting back into the swing of things

Hi,

I'm 21 and will be starting an A-level in History this September (to add to my previous A-levels) with a view to going to University after its completion and was wondering if anyone had any advice about what steps I might be able to take to make the transition from working to returning to education easier.

I am finding it difficult to concentrate for long periods when reading, for example, and I would really appreciate some advice on how other TSR mature students got back into the rhythm of education after a break from study.

Thanks in advance for any replies :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
I heard, but this is for revision, that you cannot read/revise for more than twenty minutes at a time - you need lots of little breaks. TBH I was so excited about what I was studying that I just wanted to learn as much as I could and had no problem concentrating. But I had been out of education for years and it was such a big novelty for me!
Reply 3
I don't really think there is too much that you can do to prepare yourself, other then what's mentioned above already. You will probably find that once you actually start the course, you'll find it easy to make the transition and it'll be like you've never been away from education. As it will be a lot easier to get motivated, while you have the structured learning environment to help guide you.

Latest

Trending

Trending