The Student Room Group

Dancing

I would like to be able to dance. Just in clubs, discos, anywhere, but I have tried it before and just can't really dance very well. I've seen myself dance, practised in front of mirrors and I know what it's like when someone looks good whilst dancing, but I just don't. I have tried to move to the rhythm not surely how successful that has been, but more serious problem is that I never know what to do with my hands..

any suggestions/ links to useful youtube videos, or anything else? much appreciated.

PS I have danced 'proper' stuff before and when there was a choreography I was fine, so I'm not wholly tone deaf or something. It's just spontaneous dancing that I fail at...
Reply 1
Haha I'm the same...I have to be drunk to dance, and even then I'm pretty sure I look like a spaz. will be watching this thread closely.
Reply 2
Just bounce, sway back, forth and side to side, not huge ammounts though and bod your head. Look, I'm guessing your a guy? Guys are very limited to how we can dance.
When its a song that everyone loves, do the old fist bump in the air with everyone else.
:console: You either have it or you don't. :yes:
Reply 4
unknownking321
:console: You either have it or you don't. :yes:

That's what I fear...

I'm a girl btw.
I don't really know how I dance tbh. I just do. I probabaly look like a spaz too. Just get a load of drink in you and you'll forget how stupid you look :smile:
Reply 6
Enjoy! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I guess I am less self-conscious when drunk but even then I know I am dancing all awkward and there are some girls who are just awesome, they don't do much yet they look great. Not bragging but there's nothing wrong with my looks either, it's not that I am that fat or anything it's merely that I can't move to the rhythm.
do you know anywhere that teaches how to do thoses sexy dances you see on youtube and those ones where the girl's bottom vibrates up and down rapidly in some semi-squat position. any local clubs or groups or books or e-course or something where I can learn?

This guy taught me everything I know. Gets the girls 100% of the time. :yep:
Reply 11
My Mick Jagger impression is getting better...
I was born to dance!

Latest

Trending

Trending