The Student Room Group
I had the same thing. My boobs got bigger and so did my hips. It's because the pill tricks your body into believing it's pregnant, which is why these body parts have got bigger. Mine went to normal size when my body got used to the pill. How long have you been taking it?
Reply 2
It's probably because the pills trick your body into thinking it's at the first stages of pregnancy.
Micogynon is evil!
I could put up with the extreme mood swings
and general tiredness but when I gained half a stone in two weeks
I came straight off it.
Reply 4
Anonymous
I had the same thing. My boobs got bigger and so did my hips. It's because the pill tricks your body into believing it's pregnant, which is why these body parts have got bigger. Mine went to normal size when my body got used to the pill. How long have you been taking it?

Only 2 and a half weeks! I think I've gone up about 2 cup sizes, I have a constant boob overspill :facepalm:
My mum wants me to stay on it to see if it calms down but all I do is cry at my Pamela Andersons:frown:

Woo for women!:yep:
i was on it for like 4 years, never gained any weight on it, boobs and hips stayed the same size
Reply 6
Try it out for a bit longer but I've heard that a LOT of women have issues with Microgynon. I got really depressed on it, and because it wasn't listed as a side effect in the leaflets I'd got with it I didn't think it was linked. But it was. So if you're still feeling crappy a little way down the line, come off it and try a different one.

By the way I've tried three different pills and all make my boobs bigger, so there might be no escaping that :frown:
Reply 7
Jelkin
Try it out for a bit longer but I've heard that a LOT of women have issues with Microgynon. I got really depressed on it, and because it wasn't listed as a side effect in the leaflets I'd got with it I didn't think it was linked. But it was. So if you're still feeling crappy a little way down the line, come off it and try a different one.

By the way I've tried three different pills and all make my boobs bigger, so there might be no escaping that :frown:

I feel like crap all the time and don't want to look in the mirror or go out because I think everyone is looking at me but I thought that was just me even though I've never been like that before. I thought it could have been because I w
Reply 8
Jelkin

I feel like crap all the time and don't want to look in the mirror or go out because I think everyone is looking at me but I thought that was just me even though I've never been like that before. I thought it could have been because of the weight gain :s-smilie:
Anonymous
I started microgynon a while ago and I seem to have bigger hips and boobs but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it. I've been eating healthily and been doing a fair bit of exercise recently so I don't think its from having a bad diet. Has anyone else had this? Along side getting a little bit over emotional? I started crying in the fitting rooms today because I couldnt get my boobs in anything even when I got the bigger size:frown:

yeah, a lot of people notice it makes them bigger. my sisters boobs have gone huge. This is exactly why im not gonna use the pill, i'll find a different form of contraception.
Reply 10
i got really depressed on microgynon too. and on dianette. but now im on yasmin, and its BRILLIANT! if youre not happy, come stright off it, theres plenty more options!
Reply 11
Anonymous
I feel like crap all the time and don't want to look in the mirror or go out because I think everyone is looking at me but I thought that was just me even though I've never been like that before. I thought it could have been because of the weight gain :s-smilie:

When I felt crappy I blamed it on the negative aspects of my life and assumed it was because of circumstances, but after coming off a year later it was like a cloud had lifted and I realised that really nothing had been that bad at the time. I mean, you might find it goes away anyway as your body gets used to the hormones and suchlike, but don't assume it's just you! I really felt I'd wasted a lot of time being needlessly unhappy.
My breasts and hips grew when I wasn't on the pill.

Your body is bound to change anyway
Reply 13
which protection method/contraceptive has the least side effects? the pill sounds brutal :/

inb4 abstinence.
Well my hips are huge and my tits are gigantic I only weight 10 stone butt I do lots of exercise and it's not nice in Salford u get harrased I went into a gym near my house and as I was doing my stretches as instructor comes over and presses his dick on my ass and helps me stretch I couldn't move I was the only girl and his friends were there but after about 4 hours he had finished his press ups on my area I hate havin huge ass and tits it attracts pervs
Indieboohoo people are mean to me to because I'm weak and get took advantage of by men I have a **** life but that is life
Salfordchick
Well my hips are huge and my tits are gigantic I only weight 10 stone butt I do lots of exercise and it's not nice in Salford u get harrased I went into a gym near my house and as I was doing my stretches as instructor comes over and presses his dick on my ass and helps me stretch I couldn't move I was the only girl and his friends were there but after about 4 hours he had finished his press ups on my area I hate havin huge ass and tits it attracts pervs

Hahahaha, oh dear. Which part of Salford are you from? Some parts of it are actually quite nice. :lolwut:
Yeah it's normal for breats to get bigger on the pill, mine did, but it works differently for some women, some experience no side effects and others do. The over emotional thing is completely normal, it's messing with your hormones remember! Come off it if you are unhappy, but you got to give it time to settle into your body.
when wor lass went on the pill her boobs got bigger.

Double whammy really. Massive chebs and no condoms. Score.

Latest