The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Paying for Accommodation with US Loans

I have been offered accommodation at Gregory Place and when I was about to accept the offer it says that the full payment of £3,702
is due by Sept 18. I am not sure how this works because I will be arriving Sept 18 but I won't have that amount unless it is from my student loans. It says that I will need to pay by bank, but again I wont be able to open an account till after I arrive. I am planning to call tomorrow but if anyone can give me enlighten this matter for me a tad I would be quite grateful. I am going as a postgrad and as far as disbursement dates go for the loans, I am not sure. My loans cover my accommodation costs but I dont understand how the contract asks for my payment to be due my the 18th if I (most likely) wont have any funds from the school till after that (again, am unsure of disbursements) and I most definitely wont have a bank account till the week after the 18th...help! I need somebody :eek3:
Reply 1
ViewlessWings
I have been offered accommodation at Gregory Place and when I was about to accept the offer it says that the full payment of £3,702
is due by Sept 18. I am not sure how this works because I will be arriving Sept 18 but I won't have that amount unless it is from my student loans. It says that I will need to pay by bank, but again I wont be able to open an account till after I arrive. I am planning to call tomorrow but if anyone can give me enlighten this matter for me a tad I would be quite grateful. I am going as a postgrad and as far as disbursement dates go for the loans, I am not sure. My loans cover my accommodation costs but I dont understand how the contract asks for my payment to be due my the 18th if I (most likely) wont have any funds from the school till after that (again, am unsure of disbursements) and I most definitely wont have a bank account till the week after the 18th...help! I need somebody :eek3:

if 3702 pound is the full fee you have to pay then I'm pretty sure they will allow you to pay in three instalments but if that is only 1/3 of what you have to pay then that is the full amount due by september. You can also just transfer the money from your american bank account to theirs just by a normal bank transfer.. that should work fine. after you arrive in the UK you can open a UK bank account and get things going from that account.

I would definitely ring them and just explain your situation. as long as you are absolutely sure that you will get your loan (meaning you will be able o pay in the end) they are normally not that fussy. Hope this helps a lil bit? :smile:

All the best! :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Latest

Trending

Trending