The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

MMA or Muay Thai

Anyone know of any clubs near the uni? i saw a club behind 53 anyone know if its any good ? cheers.
Reply 1
Lol this is the question i was just about to ask lol what you into mate? am a kickboxer myself.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
i got a mate who does muay thai at a club somewhwere, he loves it
Reply 3
Eknight21 i've only ever really done muay thai and a few hours of bjj but would be looking at doing either or both while at uni, might just have to check out the gym behind 53 when i get up there,lee if he's got a link for the clubs website or something that would be cool?
Reply 4
well, i dont think it was on or around the campus, about a 25minutes walk. but i dont know which club he went to, he's finished his degree now so i wont be seeing for a while sorry dude, but at least you know theres a good muay thai club somewhere ha :biggrin:
Reply 5
haha yea i guess your right i''m sure once im up in preston it wont be to hard to find!!
Reply 6
This is the question i wanted to ask. Love MMA :smile:
Reply 7
Hi guys.

I'm into MMA myself, and I'm studying at a club down south where I live atm. My coach knows of one place called the East Lancashire Predators, or something like that.

Also, if you google Sukata MMA, you should get to their website. They have clubs in Blackpool and Preston amongst other areas. Sukata operates like a combat club, in that they have several classes a night 6 days a week, such as MMA, BJJ, Thai Boxing, Submission Wrestling. I've emailed them but they haven't got back to me yet, so I'm unsure as to their location and prices. How it usually works with these sort of clubs is it's a direct debit monthly charge, for you to go to as many classes as you want.

Hope I helped, train hard, fight easy!
Reply 8
there is a muay thai club right across the street from the student union, and they do most japanese MA aswell e.g. jujutsu, akido, iaido, karate, and also kung fu, google map it, you can clearly see the sign :smile:

As of MMA im not sure sorry.
Reply 9
cheers guys I move up on Wednesday so after a few days of settling down in stead of being lazy i might make it to a class or 2 :wink:
A good mma club on Plunginton rd, im looking to do one to one sessions if any1 fancies joining up with me so got a sparring partner? inbox me or txt me on 07894 532 697
Original post by qazzzzzzzzzz
A good mma club on Plunginton rd, im looking to do one to one sessions if any1 fancies joining up with me so got a sparring partner? inbox me or txt me on 07894 532 697

Can I have some details on this MMA club? I've been looking for one in Preston for a couple of years now...
Original post by JohnC2211
Can I have some details on this MMA club? I've been looking for one in Preston for a couple of years now...

Yeah its called Nippon uk, its £20 for private sessions, if your up for it could go and half the cost? if your iinterested text me on 07894532697
Nippon Uk moved from Plungington rd a long time ago, it's now near Tulketh Brow in Ashton.
Reply 14
Have you found any? I'm a kickboxer too... What you doing at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending