The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lilrascal19
When you're creating words like 'Chavvier.'
I beg to differ:smile:

Shakespeare invented words all the time. You define the class/intellectual divide so adequately :cute:.
Redbeard the Mighty
No, but it could create a dozen equally poor theories of internet culture.

:biggrin: lol
I'm repping you for that
Reply 22
Wesssty
Saying that in itself shows that you're discontent with your own current academic status/ability, not to forget middle-class.

I am perfectly content with where I am, thank you.
reems23
I will get further in life than you :yes:.

your mum will get further in life than me.
reems23
Shakespeare invented words all the time. You define the class/intellectual divide so adequately :cute:.

You're not Shakespeare.
But thank you:p:
Reply 25
reems23

You punctuate after smilies.
Reply 26
Organ
You punctuate after smilies.

:frown:.
Reply 27
reems23
I am perfectly content with where I am, thank you.

Well let's hope so.
Reply 28
It depends very much on what you would want to do after university, OP. The vast majority of jobs and postgraduate courses require a decent degree classification rather than specific subjects, so in that respect, it could be either, depending on which you would get the better marks in. If you had a specific career or postgraduate route in mind that had a strong emphasis on either Maths or Sociology however, then you would be best to pick whichever was more relevant to the path in mind.
Reply 29
I'd rather have the maths :smile:
reems23
The lower ranked unis are only good for the poorer chavvier students who want to validate their lives acquiring a worthless piece of paper.

I think it's you who needs validating tbh.
Reply 31
mathew551
I think it's you who needs validating tbh.

I don't understand.
Reply 32
Organ
Sociology couldn't create the internet :teeth:

ok... I don't quite remember saying that it could but I'm sure that maths alone didn't create the internet...

I just like sociology! Simples.
Reply 33
reems23
It's pretty obvious. Look at the more awful universities. Full of drunk uneducated ignorant poor people. It's sad they're wasting their lives away.

'Drunk, uneducated, ignorant, poor people' - sounds like how society generally views students. I dislike people who make sweeping generalisations about the 'lack' in others and who then gloat about their achievements.

It seems as if they need to mark out a disparity in order to boost their self-esteem. Are you currently surrounded by 'sober, informed, rich people'?
Reply 34
Well it depends what job you apply for?
I'd rather have the maths degree as it'd open up the jobs/things I actually want
Reply 36
reems23
I will get further in life than you :yes:.

I highly doubt for someone who spends 24/7 posting over 8000 posts on a student forum website will get you somewhat further. Just because you did better than someone on an exam paper doesn't make you superior or better than others.

Dude, get a life, go make some real friends :smile:
reems23
I don't understand.

I didn't expect you to.
Reply 38
zzhahahoho
I highly doubt for someone who spends 24/7 posting over 8000 posts on a student forum website will get you somewhat further. Just because you did better than someone on an exam paper doesn't make you superior or better than others.

Dude, get a life, go make some real friends :smile:

Rather than going out and getting drunk and getting STDs? Sure boss. Enjoy your totally awesome life man.
Reply 39
mathew551
I didn't expect you to.

Oh no, I understood what you meant, I just didn't work out why you'd make such a silly remark. silly silly.

Latest

Trending

Trending