The Student Room Group

There's a hole in my jeans where my bum is

Should I just leave it :sexface:

Ok no that's obviously not my question, they're my best jeans so I want to fix them rather than buy a new pair. I don't know why I'm asking TSR this but does anyone know the best type of material to use as thread or ...I don't know, how to make a discrete patch or something? Anything? :zomg:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:sexface: Yes, leave it.. :sogood:
Reply 2
can't give you any advice till we see a picture. sorry.:p:
Got any spare denim? I did this to mine and just used white thread.. they probably shouldn't have been worn out of the house after that though.

Depends what colour denim they are though I guess.. the lighter they are the more you could get away with thin white thread.
MissFanatical

Ok no that's obviously not my question, they're my best jeans so I want to fix them rather than buy a new pair. I don't know why I'm asking TSR this but does anyone know the best type of material to use as thread or ...I don't know, how to make a discrete patch or something? Anything? :zomg:

pic or didn't happen
Put a tartan patch over it and you can look as awesome as the Bay City Rollers.

Do it! You know it makes sense!
Reply 6
how big's the hole?

talking about the jeans here.
Reply 7
Are you sure you didn't buy ass-less chaps?
Reply 8
If it's a small hole like a slit, turn the jeans inside out and sew it shut and it should be ok. If it's a proper hole get rid of the jeans or wear really long tops with it :P
Reply 9
Are they expensive? Wouldn't you be best off going to a tailor rather than attempting any of your own handiwork?
MissFanatical

ifyou want to be discreet - use a similar shade of denim - or dark cotton and then a thick cotton thread in black or navy - you can find in any craft shop - and use a sewing machine if your sewing isn't great - or if it is make sure you use a double back stitich!

if you don't mind it and it's small - use a contrasting colour fabric or floral (maybe not on your arse but you knwo - whatever floats your boat!)and sew it inside using contrasting thread using a machine or by hand - again - double back stitich!!!!!- the seat of your jeans will get pleanty of wear so make sure you stich securely with pleant of space between the edge of the hole and the stiching - HAVE FUN!!!
5 Litre V8 farts..
Reply 12
Unless it's a small tear that can be stitched on the reverse then just get rid of them or your'll look like a hobo.
MissFanatical

Leave it and designate them sex jeans. Bum sex just through a hole in jeans, now that's hot.
My best jeans somehow have about 15 small holes on the bum part. Its like iv sat on a cheese grater and grinded the hell out of it. So I also need help on this matter
Leave it and insert a stick in the hole :sexface:
MissFanatical

Take them to an alteration shop, they should be able to fix them for less than a fiver and, or you could also just leave it :sexface:
It should make going to the bathroom easier.
Thats what you should do:

Spoiler

Reply 19
leave it open for air ventilation

:sexface:

Latest