The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

He did great tho.
But he has British nationality so...whatever....
Stratos
All runners are black except for the swedish/norwegian ones.

Paula Radcliffe.
WarriorInAWig
i it's because of his Somalian heritage and genes, nothing British whatsoever, save for coaching.

This is true for the majority of the British team, not necessarily somalian but most of the team are of African descent and so their results could also be down to their African heritage and genes, even though many of them have lived in Britain for generations, but by your logic, it makes their win not for a British athlete.
Lol British atlethics is pretty much dire, most of our top athlethes in the world stage are not of English,Scottish,Welsh heritage so you should just hope he is fit for 2012 if we want a hope at the long distances.
Reply 45
you racist ******....
How more years do you reckon mo has left in the sport.
Reply 47
Podolski, Klose, Khedira and more from the German national football team are not German by birth. They've been trained entirely in Germany and brought up there though. This is no different.
Reply 48
Natha_Lite
Lol British atlethics is pretty much dire, most of our top athlethes in the world stage are not of English,Scottish,Welsh heritage so you should just hope he is fit for 2012 if we want a hope at the long distances.

Heritage aside, they all represent Great Britain, and British athletics is certainly not dire- it's among the best in the world. If you look at virtually all of the French field athletes, they're all of African origin. Who cares?!
Jesus this is stupid... First of all by any definition not based on race (and the ones that are are stupid) he's British, and second of all, if anyone making these arguments actually watched the athletics they'd realise that you get some pretty speedy white people too...
Reply 50
OP, and everyone 'supporting' him, is stupid and unable to tell the difference between 'British Ethnic Background' and 'British Nationality'. Only one of which is required for selection to represent GB.

I am noticing, though, how all the same posters are not mentioning the England & Wales Cricket team, which currently has more white South Africans in it than the South African football team did at the World Cup.
Reply 51
Matt123456
Lemaitre is what colour?

Exactly; 800m, 400m, 400m hurdles- also won by white people.
:top:
taheki
White men can't run fast anyway.. don't know why you're complaining

Ahem...

He says otherwise. In french though.
Reply 53
Diogeues
Exactly; 800m, 400m, 400m hurdles- also won by white people.
:top:

...because it's the European Championships. Lets not fool ourselves into thinking that those races would be won by anybody other than runners of an African ethnic origin if the whole world was competing.

Lemaitre is quick, not denying it, but he's still 0.10seconds off Obikwelu's European record, and best part of half a second away from Bolt.
Diogeues
Heritage aside, they all represent Great Britain, and British athletics is certainly not dire- it's among the best in the world. If you look at virtually all of the French field athletes, they're all of African origin. Who cares?!

It really isn't but I won't go into that one here. My point is that heritage doesn't matter, because quite a few of the British athletes are of African origin. Mo is a British citizen and wants to represent Britain, and he should.
Reply 55
money-makes-friends
ARGH no no no no!!! This is absurd!! You cannot be serious, surely!!!!

He has a British nationality. That's it. How can he be British if he isn't white?

So in your eyes he is British but he isnt British? Ignoring this for a second, are you suggesting any foreigner from any country can become British as long as they're white?
money-makes-friends
ARGH no no no no!!! This is absurd!! You cannot be serious, surely!!!!

He has a British nationality. That's it. How can he be British if he isn't white?

They see you trollin', they hatin'

I say, thank goodness for immigration. Here we have a case of someone who Britain has taken in from a failed state, and who has been allowed to achieve great things. This is why immigration works; and why people shouldn't believe everything they read in the daily mail, without thinking about it first.
Reply 57
Natha_Lite
It really isn't but I won't go into that one here. My point is that heritage doesn't matter, because quite a few of the British athletes are of African origin. Mo is a British citizen and wants to represent Britain, and he should.

Yeah, I agree with your point, but how can you knock GB athletics? 4th at the Olympics and picking up plenty of golds at Euros now?!
Reply 58
"Those bloody immigrants taking our jobs and winning things for this country :rant:".

:rolleyes:.
Lets not forget WORLD CHAMPION Phillips Idowu. Suppose he's not British either.

Latest