Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Added you, Fox.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
Has anyone worked out what the schedule is for us then?

Do we get one of those resident supper things or are we being counted as non residents, and going to that one?
Reply 22
According to a member of the RHUL SU forum who was at Runnymede last year, you do get a lasagne dinner... though I'm not sure which one we attend.
although. the lasagne dinner is likely to be painfully boring and quiet and tacky. plus you're likely to end up sitting opposite a slobbering fat kid who only wants to talk about what he thinks KFC's secret ingredient might be. well that happened to me once when i was last offered a free meal.

it sounds like hell.
Reply 24
But if you go with people you've just met from your halls then it'll be ok because you'll have a 'base' of people to hang around with and join in with their conversations while slowly edging away from the crazy, lasagne-loving group.
ah. correct. yes yes.

when is the lasagne dinner btw. on saturday?
Reply 26
kerry_is_kez
ah. correct. yes yes.

when is the lasagne dinner btw. on saturday?

I dont think they have confirmed times or anything at the moment.

I think most of the day will be spent at the runnymede campus though as I havent seen anything scheduled for the saturday at all. prob the bar for me :rolleyes:
Reply 27
I'm aiming to get to Runnymede at around 11 or so. Not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the day.
Reply 28
See you there, JP. :cool:
Reply 29
bengreen
I'm aiming to get to Runnymede at around 11 or so. Not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the day.

I'll probably be there around 11:30. I think most of the day is pretty much spent either in your room, waiting for people to come and say hi, or touring the various corridors introducing yourself. I do hope the bar is involved, though.
Reply 30
Im gettin there about 11.30. All us tsr blatantly need to meet up and head to the nearest bar. Then introduce ourselves to loadsa other ppl. Id say a quick drink in the SU bar at Runnymede, then head to RHUL campus n spend the rest of the day at the bars there! There is 3 to choose from; http://www.su.rhbnc.ac.uk/services/bars.asp
Reply 31
chrisbully
Im gettin there about 11.30. All us tsr blatantly need to meet up and head to the nearest bar. Then introduce ourselves to loadsa other ppl. Id say a quick drink in the SU bar at Runnymede, then head to RHUL campus n spend the rest of the day at the bars there! There is 3 to choose from; http://www.su.rhbnc.ac.uk/services/bars.asp

Ok count me in :smile:

I reckon I'll get there at 11ish maybe, bit of time to sort out room and stuff. Then we can put your plan into action lol
Reply 32
Sounds like a plan, Chris. Count me in!
Reply 33
Does anybody know if there is a landerette on Brunel's campus?
Reply 34
Glad to find out that there are loads of other people staying at Brunel's Runnymede. Walking back to Runnymede after a night at RHUL SU might not be that bad after all. Btw, I am staying at Marshall Hall too(Room 301B). :smile:
Reply 35
bengreen
Does anybody know if there is a landerette on Brunel's campus?

Yep, we have:

"Facilities: Coin operated laundrette, Refectory open 8am-1.45pm Monday-Friday, Student Union Bar, Gym, Basketball court, tennis court, 9-hole golf course, football and rugby pitches and a library."
Reply 36
How about an ironing board?
Reply 37
hi guys!i'm in Runnymede 2...

is that good.

COuld some of you royal holloway people help me out....
Reply 38
Oh yeah, that's a point! What happens about ironing etc? :confused:
Reply 39
This is a different Runnymede I'm afraid. There are two Runnymede's- one in the RHUL campus, and one at a Brunel campus 10 minutes away.

I'm up for a chat anyway, though. It's always nice to have more people to meet up with during freshers week!

Latest

Trending

Trending