The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I swear to express when something is extreme, whether it's my feelings, or if something is really ******* huge, and I mean REALLY ******* HUGE or something along those lines.

And for comical effect, swearing can lead to relatively intelligent humour, largely anti climactic, I executed the perfect example the other day if I say so myself, timing played a large part in it though so I wont quote it!
They censored my thread, they helpful.
Reply 22
Dystopian91
They censored my thread, they helpful.

Swearing makes you feel 'ard, models are ugly.
M1F2R3
Swearing makes you feel 'ard, models are ugly.

Lard is cumbersome - I prefer the three prefixes - and hold the vage.
Reply 24
Dystopian91
Lard is cumbersome - I prefer the three prefixes and hold the vage.

Swearing makes you feel 'ard.
M1F2R3
Swearing makes you feel 'ard.

Yes, I admit it. I feel 'ard when I swear. My throbbing ego penetrates all preconceptions I have of the notion and instead I feel complelled to thrust myself into the fray - ignoring all Standard Deviation Itenery risks and pre-assements and helplessly poke the very fringes of human horizon.
Reply 26
Dan-Scotland
I was using them as ana example, of course other people swear too. :facepalm:

Oh, thanks for that example. Without it i wouldn't have had a clue what you were explaining.
Reply 27
Dystopian91
Yes, I admit it. I feel 'ard when I swear. My throbbing ego penetrates all preconceptions I have of the notion and instead I feel complelled to thrust myself into the fray - ignoring all Standard Deviation Itenery risks and pre-assements and helplessly poke the very fringes of human horizon.

Models are ugly.
M1F2R3
Models are ugly.

Indeed

Now a Ford Focus... That's fapping material, because I have ADHD.

Spoiler

I am drunk, I've only read the title of the thread but **** off it doesn't.
Reply 30
Dystopian91
Indeed

Now a Ford Focus... That's fapping material, because I have ADHD.

Spoiler

Have you forgotten to take your pills?
M1F2R3
Have you forgotten to take your pills?

Have you forgotton your brain? Did you leave it in the car or is it in your arse? Did you consider the context of my statement or was it just a chat about ping pong balls on a tangent?
Excessive use does, but excessive use of any set of words shows an inability to express oneself originally. Say what you think and how you feel.
Reply 33
I think it depends how you swear, and what other words you use. I have a good vocabulary, and I don't talk like a chav, but I use the f-word all the time. I'm happy with that. :dontknow: I think it's effective when classy, well-educated, well-spoken people swear. Maybe that's just me.

It also depends where you swear. There are some situations where it's appropriate, and some where it's not.
Scum did it again Second OP - over an extremely tame (no pseudo-swear words uttered in the OP and otherwise responsive, captious annotations on the issue) thread on swear words.

Function of thus, unknown.

Feel free to revive the thread in an OP if you think it means much, otherwise, enjoy your moderate experience on this tip toe fourm. Obviously by not completely deleting the threads they are somewhat "moderate" in their absolute "moderation" decisions and by allowing the word "scum" in reference to them, they are truely the enlightened and more mature than I and can take anything in their digital stride.. The ones who need to close threads to keep the masses under foot. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Do Brits consider goddamn/goddammit to be an expletive? I subconsciously end up using it in almost every sentence.
This is rubbish. I can adequately profess my grandiloquent diction, but still chronically utter such words as **** and bitch.
ragnar_jonsson
This is rubbish. I can adequately profess my grandiloquent diction, but still chronically utter such words as **** and bitch.

Dont tell TSR man, it's too radical and rebelious.
Reply 38
Postbox
Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM

Stephen Fry is wonderful and addresses this issue better than anybody

Damn, beat me too it :p:
asdalol
Damn, beat me too it :p:

I beat him to it in the prodigal ******* OP.....

Latest

Trending

Trending