The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

greenforce
well i will then identify christian countries.if you want that way=tit for tat.

http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm

here are some for so-called secular states
http://www.amnestyusa.org/violence-against-women/violence-against-women---a-fact-sheet/page.do?id=1108440

Are you trying to make excuses for Islamic countries? Because to turn this into Christianity vs Islam is pathetic. Especially since I'm an atheist.
PerigeeApogee
English please.

are you dyslexic?
mushy786
really tell me then what culture am i from?

You're muslim, I assume.
Reply 63
missygeorgia
You're muslim, I assume.

yeah? aparrently made my culture a joke??? whats my culture??

so are you saying its the way 'Islamic countries teat their women' or that there

'majority of countries in the middle east, there are many laws that are oppressive to women?'
Reply 64
greenforce
well i will then identify christian countries.if you want that way=tit for tat.

http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm

here are some for so-called secular states
http://www.amnestyusa.org/violence-against-women/violence-against-women---a-fact-sheet/page.do?id=1108440

you muslim?
mushy786
yeah? aparrently made my culture a joke??? whats my culture??

Er, Islam, obviously.

mushy786
so are you saying its the way 'Islamic countries teat their women' or that there

'majority of countries in the middle east, there are many laws that are oppressive to women?'

I'm saying both.
Reply 66
missygeorgia
Er, Islam, obviously.

I'm saying both.

er is islam a culture????? think you just proved your a joke...
mushy786
er is islam a culture?????

Yep.
Reply 68
missygeorgia
Yep.

i think you'll find its a religion love!!!

cultures are like pakistani indian jamaican etc!!!!

religions are like muslim, christians, jews

:eek3:
missygeorgia
Are you trying to make excuses for Islamic countries? Because to turn this into Christianity vs Islam is pathetic. Especially since I'm an atheist.

well i was talking on facts. i will never do an argument for sake of an argument.
i feel grieved when i see that people dont even have moral courage to even raise there voice against wrong. why cant you condem whats wrong.

and you talked about middle east. well muslims themselves are very much worried about the way some muslims who are just in the name are damaging our religion reputation .. in middle east there are monarch's which were again installed by the west after ottoman empire was divided.
but its a long debate.
what i can say is.
come to dubai... see whats there..its also part of middle east. its very liberal. you come see with your eyes.
qatar is middle east.. you come there,there are state of the art universities for girls.. they socialize with guys and all but yes there are limits-you know what they say ''some lines should never be crossed''.
see lebanon. go to beirut you will not believe that it is middle it is more liberal or rather lude than any of the european countries.
mushy786

Noop, it's much, much more flexible than that. Culture is about more than nationality. Pretty much any community has it's own culture. Therefore, Islam has it's own culture.
mushy786
you muslim?

human being.presenting facts with no bias.
greenforce
well i was talking on facts. i will never do an argument for sake of an argument.
i feel grieved when i see that people dont even have moral courage to even raise there voice against wrong. why cant you condem whats wrong.

I will happily condemn what's wrong. I condemn things that happen in the western world all the time. But what I see here is you, and other muslims, refusing to condemn or acknowledge the awful way women are treated in most muslim countries.

greenforce

and you talked about middle east. well muslims themselves are very much worried about the way some muslims who are just in the name are damaging our religion reputation .. in middle east there are monarch's which were again installed by the west after ottoman empire was divided.

You and 'mushy786' seem to be much more worried about defending or denying the oppression in muslim countries, and trying to distract people from it.

greenforce
come to dubai... see whats there..its also part of middle east. its very liberal. you come see with your eyes.
qatar is middle east.. you come there,there are state of the art universities for girls.. they socialize with guys and all but yes there are limits-you know what they say ''some lines should never be crossed''.
see lebanon. go to beirut you will not believe that it is middle it is more liberal or rather lude than any of the european countries.

These countries are very liberal- but they need to be more so. They're still fairly oppressive.

Believe me- I know our western society isn't perfect. But don't try and act as if because bad things happen here, that excuses the terrible things that happen in the middle east.
Reply 73
mushy786

:eek3:

greenforce

I have never said this, but please correct you grammar. Being a bit more sophisticated doesn't hurt. Capital letters are always helpful. Its for everyones benefit.
Reply 74
missygeorgia
Noop, it's much, much more flexible than that. Culture is about more than nationality. Pretty much any community has it's own culture. Therefore, Islam has it's own culture.

o my days....this is going nowhere...
I'm busy now. i'll ignore you some other time.
Reply 75
greenforce

cool :biggrin:...
Reply 76
S-man10
I have never said this, but please correct you grammar. Being a bit more sophisticated doesn't hurt. Capital letters are always helpful. Its for everyones benefit.

no. I wasnt writing to you so dont know what up your batty. if you dont like the way i type dont read my posts. :smile:
its just short quick and easy.
Reply 77
mushy786
o my days....this is going nowhere...
I'm busy now. i'll ignore you some other time.

How old are you? 14?
Reply 78
mushy786
no. I wasnt writing to you so dont know what up your batty. if you dont like the way i type dont read my posts. :smile:
its just short quick and easy.

Greenforce and mushy786 are probably the same person from the looks of it.
missygeorgia
I will happily condemn what's wrong. I condemn things that happen in the western world all the time. But what I see here is you, and other muslims, refusing to condemn or acknowledge the awful way women are treated in most muslim countries.

You and 'mushy786' seem to be much more worried about defending or denying the oppression in muslim countries, and trying to distract people from it.

These countries are very liberal- but they need to be more so. They're still fairly oppressive.

Believe me- I know our western society isn't perfect. But don't try and act as if because bad things happen here, that excuses the terrible things that happen in the middle east.

well you came to the point what i said in the previous posts that when there are two wrong one doesnt become right. and i said it cause firstly i have an ability to differentiate b/w right and wrong. secondly the courage to say it. this is what my religion teaches me. i am proud of it.
in middle east there is a start of liberalisation. i mean education wise they have the worlds best uni's campuses in qatar education city (ivy league) and in dubai nyu( thats good for film and music) and muslims gurls and boys are going there.
lot more.

but certainly the kind of liberlization i mean what happens in fresher week in the uk=sorry thats never gonna happen... i will never agree with guys taking advantage of drunk gurls and wild parties. ..rest is fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending