The Student Room Group

how long to convert student account?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how long does it take to open up a student account? Ive been really busy recently and havent managed to get to an HSBC branch to convert my current HSBC account to a student one. Ive already recieved my mp3 player and stuff, but I think I have to go again to officially register it so I can get my overdraft. How long does this take? Im worried I wont have it in time for uni (sunday 25th). Or will they change it as soon as I go there? Im hoping to go tomorrow.
Reply 1
Doesn't take too long - my aunt works in HSBC so she brought me the forms, I signed 'em, she took em back and asked her colleague to process it - I was prestudent before. You should have your cards, cheque book and so on within a few days to a week I should think.

I still haven't gotten my Mp3 player!

Anyhoo, gather all your UCAS or uni acceptance forms, tug along to your local HSBC and it shouldn't take too long - they'll talk you through it, sign a few things, confirm it all and by this time next week I reckon you should have all the tag alongs to your account. I think it was 2 days for me when it went from pre to student.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending