The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
danjc
It IS real! Well, it will be in a few days.

My LEA - Kirklees - have MESSED up my loan application and only just got the right forms to be so there's no hope in hell of me being able to produce the payment schedule to Uni when I register on Sunday.

Any idea of what I should do? The LEA say any letter from them will do in the short term and the Uni can call them directly to get an update. But they can't call them on a Sunday and that's when I register! Grrr...

Maybe see somebody straight away when you get there on the saturday so the sunday registration will go smoother.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
tana
Maybe see somebody straight away when you get there on the saturday so the sunday registration will go smoother.

Good idea. I might call Uni actually and see if anyone can help. Surely I can't be the only person who's victim to an incompetent LEA!
Reply 62
danjc
Good idea. I might call Uni actually and see if anyone can help. Surely I can't be the only person who's victim to an incompetent LEA!

Yeah ring them up in advance-they may be able to contact your LEA before you even arrive.
Most definately not!!! My LEA hasnt been that bad but the stories i have heard are ridiculous!
tana
Yeah ring them up in advance-they may be able to contact your LEA before you even arrive.
Most definately not!!! My LEA hasnt been that bad but the stories i have heard are ridiculous!

Phew! I'm not alone!

I'm trying to ring them now - line's engaged as usual!

Latest