The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Friends tell me orange is pretty good; they never have problems. This is from friends who live in unis all over the country. Plus orange wednesdays is nice :3

Duno about vodaphone tho o_O
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I bet t-mobile is ****
Dnator
I bet t-mobile is ****

I've had great signal everywhere on campus, other than in Union South/the Copper Rooms with T Mobile. But most networks have 0 signal in there.

There are some problems with O2 when in some halls or residence. Can depend on the type of phone you have and the room you are in.

Also. check out this post by Lady Justice and this one by me.
Reply 4
Well I just got ordered my new blackberry upgrade on O2. So guess its with them. Pretty decent deal too. 500 Min, Unlimited texts and bbms, 500MB data usage, Free o2-o2 calls, Free Blackberry Bold 9700 all for £25 a month. Haha.
what about the network 3, does any 1 know?
any1?? what is the phone signal like on the network 3 in warwick
Reply 7
victor_b1992
any1?? what is the phone signal like on the network 3 in warwick

Phone signal around campus on 3 is probably the best of all networks....during my first year I had full 3.5G around campus. From what i've heard O2 is probably the next best followed by vodafone, and orange is apparently pretty bad around rootes and the student union.
sk88
Phone signal around campus on 3 is probably the best of all networks....during my first year I had full 3.5G around campus. From what i've heard O2 is probably the next best followed by vodafone, and orange is apparently pretty bad around rootes and the student union.

thanks that good news as i have a cheap contract with them. And I will not have to change it
Reply 9
I have T-mobile and never had any problems. I hear Orange is **** though for reception here.
I used to have 02, no problem. Last year I had to get a new phone, ended up with Vodaphone. It wouldnt get a signal in my accom (Hurst) oddly. Was fine on most of the rest of campus.
Reply 11
During my visits to Warwick, I didn't have any reception issues with my iPhone on O2. Most of the networks (O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Three) have masts on campus (on top of the library I think), so signal should be good for them. I've heard Orange is a bit more hit and miss though, and it depends a lot on what part of the campus you're in. For example, in the Rootes Social Building, I only had a couple of bars 2G (no 3G) with Orange. Some of the accommodation blocks are quite a distance from the main campus though, so reception in one location may not be the same somewhere else!