The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
SatanIsAwesome
Jesus, why can you not understand that I mean letter of congraulations?
Also i never got a letter for my GCSEs, i got pieces of paper with my marks/grades on, no letter <3

My name is Grant, not Jesus. I fully understand the point about the letter which I agreed with as you have seen. I simply pointed out that you do get your UMS (ie the points you scored on the way to getting your results) after your clearly stated you didn't receive the information. I feel you now realise you have made a mistake on this and are unable to back track?

With GCSEs you will also get a certificate. You currently have the result slips. These will be changed for real certificates from the exam board (sent to your school)

For all those unsure, when you get a GCSE result, you can get your UMS. UMS is essentially the score you have got in your modular or linear exams. They are not the percentage but a standardised scoring system used to award grades over a cohort which determine which grade you have. Your exam office at school will have them and you will be issues a small result slip prior to the certficates being printed up.
tynetiger
My name is Grant, not Jesus. I fully understand the point about the letter which I agreed with as you have seen. I simply pointed out that you do get your UMS (ie the points you scored on the way to getting your results) after your clearly stated you didn't receive the information. I feel you now realise you have made a mistake on this and are unable to back track?

With GCSEs you will also get a certificate. You currently have the result slips. These will be changed for real certificates from the exam board (sent to your school)

For all those unsure, when you get a GCSE result, you can get your UMS. UMS is essentially the score you have got in your modular or linear exams. They are not the percentage but a standardised scoring system used to award grades over a cohort which determine which grade you have. Your exam office at school will have them and you will be issues a small result slip prior to the certficates being printed up.

Nowhere have I said that you don't get your UMS score at GCSE. If you believe I did, it's obviously a misinterpretation, seriously if people like you read the Qu'ran there'd be terrorists... oh wait.
Reply 82
SatanIsAwesome
Nowhere have I said that you don't get your UMS score at GCSE. If you believe I did, it's obviously a misinterpretation, seriously if people like you read the Qu'ran there'd be terrorists... oh wait.

In post 63

SatanIsAwesome
You never get a letter at GCSE or UMS no matter what you do <- 99% in maths at GCSE and 95% ish at AS level.

Sorry, your argument is flawed. Are you unable to see the direct quote you made above and just say "oh yes I did say that but maybe it wasn't the case"?
Anywhow, your comments about terror have no relation t the thread and are quite immature.
As we get older it's easier just to say "ok, I didn't know that" rather than digging your heels in and throwing insults that merely make your posts even worse.
I know someone who got 600 UMS for AQA Physics A level in 2007 and the school got a letter from AQA saying that he was one of the candidates with the 5 highest scores.

I assumed that, certainly for Maths and Physics, the 5 highest scores would all be full marks (and more than 5 people achieved this so more than 5 letters, if you see what I mean).

Latest