The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

spoon1
I'm exactly the same! I want to go to university NOW! I'm so bored of seeing the same old people at school everyday, having the same old classes, I want to get out and have some fun!

Oh, someone in my shoes! I keep reading all these threads and I am *so* jealous. I keep planning what I'm going to take, very sad, yes.

Oh, I've now changed what I'm doing;

What are you studying now?
Eng Lit, History and Geography

What are you hoping to study?
Classical Civilisation/Studies

Where do you want to go?
Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham, Exeter, Reading (I think, poss KCL), Ox Brookes (insurance, not mad keen to go)

What grades do you need

ABB-CCC
What are you studying now? History, Government & Politics, Economics and Maths
What are you hoping to study? History
Where do you want to go? Cambridge
What grades do you need? AAA
i'm already obsessed with that ucas site! i've spent so many hours on that thing already, and i know i will be on there constantly checking to see who has rejected or accepted me! my sister had to go through it last year; it all seems so frustrating, but i'm quite excited at the same time too anticipating what will come up. now just a matter of getting my application off!
Reply 63
What are you studying now? chemistry, french and economics (AS history)

What are you hoping to study? politics and economics/international relations

Where do you want to go? warwick, bath, oxford

What grades do you need? AAA-AAB :eek:
I am studying English with Creative Writing but I don't know where yet.
What are you studying now? English Lang & Lit, German, History

What are you hoping to study? English

Where do you want to go? Not 100% sure... At the moment UCAs says Bristol. Birmingham, Cardiff, Leicester, Nottingham and York, but this is subject to change :P

What grades do you need? AAA-BBB... Muh!
Reply 66
What are you studying now? R.S, History, Politics

What are you hoping to study?Politics

Where do you want to go? Exeter, Lancaster, York, Kent, Sheffield, Southampton

What grades do you need? ABB-BBC
What are you studying now? Drama, History, R.S and Sociology

What are you hoping to study? Drama and Theatre Studies

Where do you want to go? In no specific order- Glasgow, Queen Margaret(Edinburgh), Lancaster, Birmingham and Warwick.

What grades do you need? ABB-BBC
Reply 68
What are you studying now? English lit, French, History and Sociology A levels.
What are you hoping to study? Law
Where do you want to go? Cambridge or Wariwck
What grades do you need? AAA
What are you studying now? [A2]Maths,Computing,French [AS]Further Maths.
What are you hoping to study? Computing and Mathematics Joint Honours (GG14)
Where do you want to go? CARDIFF
What grades do you need? AAB-ABB
Ha, how embarrassing. I have now changed it (again) and sent it off, now. Although it's now deferred to 2007, I'm taking a GAP year to Fiji (3 mnths) & Aus (6 mnths)

What are you studying now? Eng Lit, History and Geog.
What are you hoping to study? Geography and/or City And Regional Planning (differs with the uni and the course! I want to go into rural planning, though).
Where do you want to go? Cardiff, B'ham, Reading, L'boro, Manchester, Newcastle (that order)
What grades do you need? BBC
*soph*
What are you studying now? French, German, Music, Maths, General Studies
What are you hoping to study? French and German
Where do you want to go? Nottingham, Bristol, Birmingham, Cambridge (in that order!)
What grades do you need? AAA - BCC

Anyone else applying to Oxbridge but not as a first choice? I seem to be the only one! :frown:

I am :smile: Though if by some fluke they gave me an offer, I'd choose them over East Anglia or Durham - my absolute favourite is York though, that's where I really want to go.

I'm studying English Literature, French, History and Law A2s with Critical Thinking AS (although as of yet, I actually don't know anything about the critical thinking course :eek: )

Standard offers for the unis I like range from BBB (Edinburgh) and ABB (UEA) to AAB and AAA (York, Durham, Cambridge)
Reply 72
What are you studying now? Maths, Physiscs and chemistry
What are you hoping to study? Chemical Engineering
Where do you want to go? Imperial/ Manchester
What grades do you need? ABB
Reply 73
What are you studying now? I did A levels in English Lit, History, RS and French AS
What are you hoping to study? Ive got unconditional for classical studies but im switching to history
Where do you want to go? Going RHUL in 2006
What grades do you need? I have BBC(d in AS) but I need BBB to have any hope of transferring..hopefully they'll accept points instead of grades cos then i'd have 330 points which means they have to accept me :-D
Reply 74
Any tips for prospective students You will get addicted to checking UCAS track umpteen times an hour!!

I am already there. Or I would be if UCAS got moving! I have reached the stage where I check 'apply' every few hours to see if they have finished processing my application yet! God knows what I'll be like when 'track' gets up and running! I suspect I will become extremely paranoid, and go round in a state of perpetual excitement or nervousness and really annoy people by talking about nothing else!
Reply 75
What are you studying now? English literature, Computing, Geography
What are you hoping to study? geographical information systems/geography
Where do you want to go? Bath spa uni
What grades do you need? 240

got ABB in AS level so 240s shouldnt be a problem, if this fails applying for
geography at west of england, leeds, manchester. and geography and sociology at keele and west of england

^_^

xx
Reply 76
What are you studying now? Economics,History,Government & Politics

What are you hoping to study? Law

Where do you want to go? KCL, QMUL,Manchester,Leeds...don't know rest

What grades do you need? ABB-AAA
Reply 77
ah i remember the days of checking track lol..i miss those days! twas so exciting! i still do it..lol to check someone hasnt mucked up my life again...how sad am i?! :biggrin:
What are you studying now? German, Maths, Physics
What are you hoping to study? German and Business
Where do you want to go? Bath, Warwick, St. Andrews
What grades do you need? AAB (A in german), BBBc (B in german), ABB
Reply 79
What are you studying now? Environmental Science, Biology, English Lit

What are you hoping to study?Environmental Science

Where do you want to go? East Anglia

What grades do you need? BBC I think.....

Latest

Trending

Trending