The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
whatever i'm offered

Yeah I'm kind of taking this attitude, although I have no intention of doing anything to do with accountancy. I'm even applying for IB :lolwut:, since apparently it's not as hard for year placements :dontknow: (though I do have little chance due to my uni). You should be able to get a placement at a good IB, since bath have quite the reputation.

What type of placement have you been looking at.
yoyo462001
Yeah I'm kind of taking this attitude, although I have no intention of doing anything to do with accountancy. I'm even applying for IB :lolwut:, since apparently it's not as hard for year placements :dontknow: (though I do have little chance due to my uni). You should be able to get a placement at a good IB, since bath have quite the reputation.

What type of placement have you been looking at.

it's literally a case of whatever i'm offered lol :p: nothing in particular but i want to do something in finance, possibly work within hsbc on the fx strategy research thing they offer. There are loads of BO year long internships on offer at big banks (which are good due to their salary but not sure about the work) few MO and possibly one or two FO. There are options to work with the treasury or bank of england or economic research organisations but i'm not really into economics anyways so i probably wouldn't like them.
it's literally a case of whatever i'm offered lol :p: nothing in particular but i want to do something in finance, possibly work within hsbc on the fx strategy research thing they offer. There are loads of BO year long internships on offer at big banks (which are good due to their salary but not sure about the work) few MO and possibly one or two FO. There are options to work with the treasury or bank of england or economic research organisations but i'm not really into economics anyways so i probably wouldn't like them.

Started any apps yet. And which IBs offer the BO stuff :beard:
yoyo462001
Started any apps yet. And which IBs offer the BO stuff :beard:

nope, we apply almost as soon as the year starts so i'll apply then - the only downside is placements come up at different times so whilst you may be interested in doing placement Y more than X but X came first and you interviewed for it first, if you're offered the placement you have to take it.

The IBs are.....

Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JP Morgan
BP IST (trading division - something i'd be quite interested in)
UBS (they've got some real estate thing - not sure what that is though)
Sisu
Strathmore (these 2 being hedge funds but not hedge funds apparently :p:)
Nomura
HSBC (research roles)

might be more but i think that's the lot

Edit: And yes I realise that some of the above are not ibs
nope, we apply almost as soon as the year starts so i'll apply then - the only downside is placements come up at different times so whilst you may be interested in doing placement Y more than X but X came first and you interviewed for it first, if you're offered the placement you have to take it.

The IBs are.....

Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JP Morgan
Sisu
Nomura
HSBC (research roles)

That's quite a lot, going to look into those. Problem is I don't like even like IB so going to have to blag my way through applications.
yoyo462001
That's quite a lot, going to look into those. Problem is I don't like even like IB so going to have to blag my way through applications.

then why do it :s:
then why do it :s:

Partly to see if I'm good enough to get one and for the experience. I was hoping to apply for consulting placements but like no firms do it.
Reply 47

The IBs are.....

Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JP Morgan
Sisu
Nomura
HSBC (research roles)

What's Sisu?
WokSz
What's Sisu?

not entirely sure myself but google has given me this

Sisu Capital Ltd. is a privately owned hedge fund sponsor. The firm invests in the fixed income and alternative investment markets of the United Kingdom and Europe. It makes event driven investments in high yield and distressed debt securities for the restructuring of industrial companies. Sisu Capital Ltd. was founded in 1997 and is based in London, United Kingdom.
Reply 49
Milch
Didn't see that, thanks.

do you need to add GCSE's as well??? i've got 14 to add, this reminds me of UCAS all over again. :s-smilie:
Reply 50
Bloody hell, 14 is a lot. I only did 7 but then again I did IGCSEs.
Reply 51

The IBs are.....

Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JP Morgan
Sisu
Nomura
HSBC (research roles)

whats this UBS real estate thing? I cant find it ..is it like an internship or..?
Reply 52

The IBs are.....

Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JP Morgan
Sisu
Nomura
HSBC (research roles)

I did a trading discovery day at BP IST and it looked very interesting and a good place to work.
Reply 53
I've got a big problem, im currently doing the goldman sachs application, and it wont let me add more rows, i've got 14 gcses to fit in???? what do i do?
Reply 54
CS_Prodigy
I've got a big problem, im currently doing the goldman sachs application, and it wont let me add more rows, i've got 14 gcses to fit in???? what do i do?

Biiiiiiig problem! Dude, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now!11
CS_Prodigy

Goldman summer internship?
Reply 56
yoyo462001
Goldman summer internship?

yes
CS_Prodigy
do you need to add GCSE's as well??? i've got 14 to add, this reminds me of UCAS all over again. :s-smilie:

Goldman internship? Your A-levels are dire.... I hope you are applying for the back office!
Reply 58
fail@maths
Goldman internship? Your A-levels are dire.... I hope you are applying for the back office!

go and f*** yourself and stay out of this forum, take the advice from jonathan, that is:

"That's great for you but this thread is for those who are doing applications, not those who want to rub it in other people's faces that they already have a job from their internship you cocky ************!"

now **** off wise guy :cool:
CS_Prodigy
go and f*** yourself and stay out of this forum, take the advice from jonathan, that is:

"That's great for you but this thread is for those who are doing applications, not those who want to rub it in other people's faces that they already have a job from their internship you cocky ************!"

now **** off wise guy :cool:

Why the hate? Chances are if you didn't get a return offer from your internship then you were too **** for IB in the first place tbh. :biggrin:

Banks always need tech nerds though. We need droths like you to fix our IT equipment!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending