The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
eivoquraf
Can I just ask, which banks have opened their applications?

goldman sachs and ubs are open

i think maybe nomura too but i haven't checked their site

jp morgan have an off cycle internship open. deadline august 15

not sure about anyone else
ASM

Cheers. Do many second years do off-cycle internships?
Reply 122
eivoquraf
Cheers. Do many second years do off-cycle internships?

I don't know but maybe someone else can answer that for you; I'm a recent graduate.
ASM

JP Morgan year placement deadline is 15th August? :headfire:
Reply 124
yoyo462001
JP Morgan year placement deadline is 15th August? :headfire:

off-cycle internship (6 months)
ASM
off-cycle internship (6 months)

I've just seen there 12 month one (london office) for operations has opened yet, nearly made me run to apply :colondollar:
KLL
oh, thats been known for over a year.
doesn't have anyaffect on RBS' investmetn banking at all.
in fact it was odd that they had that in the first place and didn't wind it down earlier. because all they did was have their weaker brand compete against the market leader with identical product.

OVER A YEAR!!! I only read about it a few days ago...

Although it doesnt directly have an impact on the IB division it has some impact on the overall business and so i mentioned it.

Does anyone know if all the BBs deal with applications on a rolling basis (because I was told by GS that they do but read on this forum that they collect them all and then review it).
Reply 127
hi guys,

anyone knows when off cycle internship will start? i imagine it will be from end of september.
my cover letter is around 439 words long, is that normal?
CS_Prodigy
my cover letter is around 439 words long, is that normal?

Normally it should be 441....:smile: I read some where - that they rarely read the covering letter. :p:
do you need opening and closing comments on online application cover letters?, i've read on some websites, that you need to, and some says its not neccessary
Reply 131
LSEactuary
OVER A YEAR!!! I only read about it a few days ago...

Although it doesnt directly have an impact on the IB division it has some impact on the overall business and so i mentioned it.

no it does not. unless you're in corporate banking. and even then, its only a tiny fraction of the busienss.
Reply 132
ASM

sure about goldman? just logged in with my username from last year...there are still all my applications from the last years circle..
Hi guys, quick question about the online apps, specifically when they ask you for your A-levels/GCSEs.

I'm an EU citizen but attended high school in the US, therefore I have no A-levels/GCSEs. What information should I enter in these boxes?

High School GPA? ACT Score?

I feel bad because I don't have all of the extra information to provide...
Verne_Lundquist
Hi guys, quick question about the online apps, specifically when they ask you for your A-levels/GCSEs.

I'm an EU citizen but attended high school in the US, therefore I have no A-levels/GCSEs. What information should I enter in these boxes?

High School GPA? ACT Score?

I feel bad because I don't have all of the extra information to provide...

which app are you filling in? they should provide you an option to choose the qualification you've done, i.e. a drop down box
Guys, which of the banks ask you to take the online tests before they look at your application?
CS_Prodigy
which app are you filling in? they should provide you an option to choose the qualification you've done, i.e. a drop down box

well, it does in fact have a box for ACT scores which is nice...but I still feel bad that I don't have the GCSE and A-level stuff! Since I have already finished university and am attending an MSc, do you think they will care about my high school info very much anyways?

also, I did the Nomura application and it had a page where you were asked to provide 'university education subjects and grades". once again, I attended university in the USA, so I am not entirely certain what this means. did they want me to fill in the grade i received in each university class??? because i took approximately 8-10 classes per year, so that would require filling in almost 40 lines!
i assumed that they didn't want this, so i just provided them with my overall and major GPAs. hopefully i am correct?

thanks for any help you can provide
I have four final questions pertaining the application process in Europe and specifically the UK (went to university in the USA so this is all totally new to me)

1) when the application form asks you to describe your work/extra-curricular experience, is it ok to just copy and paste what you have on resume or do they expect you to write it in essay format and provide further details?

2) how important are the "why investment banking", 'why UBS etc" questions at the end of the applications? do you need to write a really super answer or are they not that important (in USA, this isn't important at all). Also, how long should these responses be- I feel I wrote adequate responses but they were only like 3-5 sentences each.

3) which banks allow you to apply for more than one position? for example, UBS only allows you to apply for one position within one division so I chose IBD, though I was hoping to apply for UBS Asset Management as well. Ideally i'd like to be able to apply to the IBD-M&A,Coverage; S&T, and Asset Management divisions for all the banks I apply to, but it seems this isn't always possible (I think credit suisse lets you apply to 3 different positions though)

4) does it really make a big difference whether I apply now or during the first week of September?
figo0906
sure about goldman? just logged in with my username from last year...there are still all my applications from the last years circle..

yup, goldman is open. I logged in as well with my username from earlier this year and my details are still there. I also spoke to HR. Just go fill in what you're now applying for, change what you want to change and submit when you're ready.
Reply 139
Is BAML's summer internship open? can't seem to find it and it's ever so confusing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending