The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Decorating Uni Room

hi guys!

I was just buying some bits for uni, and I was wondering how you decorated your rooms in halls- are you allowed to put up posters, did you buy cushions etc?

I know health and safety rules can be annoying, so does anyone have any good ideas on how to jazz the rooms up a little? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

If you use the search function there are lots of threads - some people posted pics in them not that many months ago. Lots of tips there.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm on page 8 and still trawling- still now its summer maybe more people will want to talk about it.
Anyone buying anything yet?
Reply 3
I put up posters and photos with friends! I also bought some weird lamps from ebay..
Reply 4
Jennie1987
If you use the search function there are lots of threads - some people posted pics in them not that many months ago. Lots of tips there.

Can you please provide a link?
Surely you should be the one to decide how you decorate your room?
I just bought some posters of stuff I like, a giant Spanish flag, shoved them all on my wall along with other things that accumulated during the year.
AND, I didn't need to ask TSR to do it.
mvpgr

Recent 'Have you started buying for uni'
Been going for years so lots of ideas
From March

Obviously there are more..
Reply 7
mvpgr

This is the best I found on Page 16! I cba to go back any further for now :biggrin:
Reply 8
mvpgr

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1031078 (Forgot said link- oops!)
Reply 9
not-another-number
Surely you should be the one to decide how you decorate your room?
I just bought some posters of stuff I like, a giant Spanish flag, shoved them all on my wall along with other things that accumulated during the year.

I've got a couple of posters but couldn't really think of anything else apart from that and I didnt want to have a boring room. I know thinks like fairy lights are banned..
Reply 10
Thank you both! :smile:)
Afrotortina
This is the best I found on Page 16! I cba to go back any further for now :biggrin:

Beat you to it and with better links :grin:
Reply 12
Jennie1987
Beat you to it and with better links :grin:

Touche! You win :P do you know if there are any particular rules for nottingham like you aren't allowed particular items? Is blu tak ok, can you hang things up with nails?
Reply 13
not-another-number

LOOOOL :congrats:
Afrotortina
I've got a couple of posters but couldn't really think of anything else apart from that and I didnt want to have a boring room. I know thinks like fairy lights are banned..

I'm not sure what the regulations are as I'm not at Nottingham.
And, in my opinion, too many posters look tacky so don't worry about it.
Reply 15
Btw notts uni campus is amazing!!!.... just for the record!..:P
Reply 16
not-another-number
I'm not sure what the regulations are as I'm not at Nottingham.
And, in my opinion, too many posters look tacky so don't worry about it.

Thank you for the contribution. :smile: That's why I put it under the Uni of Nottingham thread.
Reply 17
mvpgr
Btw notts uni campus is amazing!!!.... just for the record!..:P

It's gorgeous! I'm so excited to move in!!
Reply 18
Afrotortina
It's gorgeous! I'm so excited to move in!!

I was thinking of going there,... but it's not london :rolleyes:
Although I was visiting my friend. He was staying in cavendish hall or sth.
Afrotortina
Touche! You win :P do you know if there are any particular rules for nottingham like you aren't allowed particular items? Is blu tak ok, can you hang things up with nails?

Nowhere allows you to use nails. Why would they? Use search again as the whole blu tac thing has been asked regularly.

Latest

Trending

Trending