The Student Room Group

Changing my mind about uni course.

I'm supposed to be doing Psychology in uni this September. I've never done it before but I chose it because I enjoy science but didn't want to do Biology or Chemistry in uni, and didn't enjoy my other two A Levels enough to do them in uni so didn't want to do them either.

When I was in year 12 I loved Biology and then really wanted to do Dietetics but then when I got to year 13 I really wasn't enjoying Biology for various reasons, like I found the content of the course boring and hated the class because of people in it so I dropped it after 6 weeks.

I've been thinking recently that I really don't know if I want to do Psychology anymore and want to do Nutrition and Dietetics instead. Psychology all of a sudden seems very dull and boring to me and such a long training period before you can qualify.

The problem is there is only about 10 Dietetics courses in England and Wales that actually qualify you.

So I would either have to try and go through clearing (with only one science at a level) and end up in a uni where I don't know anybody and in crappy accommodation, and idea which I'm not really keen on.

Take a gap year, do Biology A Level and reapply for unis next year and do the 4 year Dietetics course.

Or, try and get into a Nutrition course through clearing this year for 3 years and then do the 2 year postgraduate dietetics course, which would cost me a fortune. There is a 'Food and Nutrition' course at the uni I'm supposed to be going to in September so I could try and swap to that but it is at a different campus that I've never seen and I've already sorted accommodation etc and I'd want to be in the right accommodation for that campus.

I don't know what I should do. I've never done Psychology so I don't know that I won't like it. Should I just go and do Psychology and see if I like it first, and if I hate it then change courses? Or should I just not do Psychology this September and see what course I can get onto this September, or take a gap year?

Sorry for the really long post just need some advice, ta :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending