The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wales for me, I like it as it is. I'd hate to live somewhere such as Manchester or London. I prefer a quiet area.
Nicest or best?

Nicest: Lake/Peak District
Best: London/South East or Manchester
Reply 62
Merseyside isn't there. Fail poll.

My vote goes to Manchester, there's lots of nice places to live in the UK, but I really see myself in Manchester for a while. It's a great city.
Reply 63
Nicest: I would say the western coast of scotland, around argyll. Tiree is probably the most beautiful place I have ever seen, and only 800 inhabitants... In terms of quality of life it's a winner.

Best in terms of things to do/ jobs... would have to be London
South London: Brixton, Camberwell, Peckham, Deptford, Lewisham...
Reply 65
You missed out Suffolk! .. Probably for the best though..
lovely_me
The North is so underrated on TSR :colonhash:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/funny-pictures-kitten-asks-for-a-high-five.jpg

Word. Southerners get everywhere! I go to Leeds and everyone seems to be from down south.

North representing!
Reply 67
I think northern Scotland is lovely place to live, there are so many areas of astounding natural beauty.

In terms of city living though, I would say Manchester. It's a big cosmopolitan city with lots going on. London is just too chaotic for me.
It had better be Stirling's campus :p:
Reply 69
Stockport, in Manchester :yep:
Dorset is lovely - just thought I'd mention that. I don't think I could ever get bored of it. :awesome:

For good countryside, would also recommend Cumbria, and the Three Counties around which I live.

However, I prefer city environments, hence my votes for Edinburgh and London. :yes:
Surrey. (Because I live there!)

And also because it gets the most sunshine in the entire UK :biggrin:
Reply 72
viktavondoom
North East. Newcastle is amazing and the Beautiful Northumbrian coast on your doorstep. Plus everyone is friendly, the drink is cheap and the girls are sexy. What more do you want.

Peace.

:ditto:

Im from the Midlands but I love the North-East, just hate how far away it is so I cant visit regularly (until I go to uni :teehee:)
Reply 73
London. Everything else is countryside.
Jonty99
This poll will tell us which region has the largest number of TSR users.

this
London snm
Reply 76
Scotland in general is just beautiful.
Reply 77
Lrampant
A bearable accent?!

haha so true
Sidcup ftw
you havent put in worcestershire or herefordshire, or shropshire... id of chosen one of them ...
there beautiful places with so much history

viktavondoom
Word. Southerners get everywhere! I go to Leeds and everyone seems to be from down south.

North representing!

But....when i go south i get called a northener...
i think these boundarys need to be more defined!
nobody wants us :'(
x

Latest

Trending

Trending