The Student Room Group

Foundation

I just need some information on Foundation Courses, the Uni I am determined to go to is Southampton Solent, I didn't get decent UCAS points when I finished my Business Admin course at college which I was gutted about as I really want to go to Uni to better myself.

Someone told me doing a Foundation course will enable me to do this, I was just wondering if anyone could let me know some information about this? Would I have to carry on in the Business area of my education or would I be able to go with the Technology area?

Also would I be able to stay at the halls?

I know I sound completely thick here!

Thank you for reading this if you have!
Reply 1
With a foundation course, it doesn't matter what you got before that assuming you do well. I did my foundation course at Oxford Brookes and I got offers from Edinburgh, Newcastle and Southampton University even though my AS levels were three Ds and an A in Media Studies.

So with a foundation degree you can definitely do better than Southampton Solent.

And foundation courses are totally dependent on the university. Oxford Brookes' one has low entry requirements and you basically are a a university student for the entire year where you do 8 modules (just like in undergrad) at foundation level (and you get to choose, so you can choose business/technology related ones) and have lectures and all that just like at undergraduate level. But it's foundation. It was pretty good, I'd recommend it. And there is no deadline, I applied two days before the start of the course!

And yes. You'd live in halls. You'd be part of the University as a full fledged student in every way possible.

So yeah, I highly recommend Oxford Brookes foundation.

Latest