Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deskercise

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi is there anything you can do without look stupid while sat at a desk to help lose a few pounds ? or even just burn off your dinner ? cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I need to go some deskerxise too... doing work experience sitting in front of a computer all day is so fustrating!
    Umm... try clenching your bum?
    Or squat over your chair so you aren't actually touching it?

Both of those make me look stupid but if you're on your own it doesn't matter I suppose :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If it was that simple then everyone would be slim. Its a myth you can do anything of value at your desk unless you sit on an exercise bike or something similar.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    masturbate and/or kegels.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonious Block)
    masturbate and/or kegels.
    Masturbating would just make you look silly... obviously you do this more sensible exercise instead:

(Original post by HayleyFenton09)
    try clenching your bum?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put your hands on the arms of your chairs and do push ups like that. :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I definitely need to master the art of deskercise, sitting at work 12 hours a day is sapping my potential to be hench.

Watching this thread
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    mines 8 hours at desk with a few wanders around the warehouse i have a chair with wheels so i pull my self towards the desk then push away just like rowing haha seems alot have the same problem
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tap my legs all day and clench my ass.

It honestly does nothing for me. I suppose you can take a regular walk around the office or up stairs every few hours and take a nice walk at lunch?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need some rig set up where, at a moments notice, you can swing down under your desk and then bench the whole thing.
    If that was too easy you could put weights in all the drawers

How one would construct such I do not know :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    You need some rig set up where, at a moments notice, you can swing down under your desk and then bench the whole thing.
    If that was too easy you could put weights in all the drawers

How one would construct such I do not know :sad:
    That does it - I'm converting the coat-hanger into a squat rack, right now
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm heard a few ideas and now of it sounds as appealing as sexercise ill just have to up my intake in that to accommodate
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    get up and go for a run
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get one of those desks you stand up at.

Not much else you can do that's really any good.
    If possible get away from your desk every hour and walk around a bit, if there are any stairs run up them. It'll give you exercise and make you look as if you're important and need to be somewhere urgently.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Exercise your fingers - up, down, up, down. Ha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If your life entails sitting at a desk 8 hours a day your going to have to take some "me" time in evenings or weekends to be getting the proper healthy exercise.

Drink plenty of water during the day, so many people dont do this, it triggers fat burning, dont eat sugary snacks when your bored and keep a good posture. All these things are little steps to prevent lots of problems, not directly related to losing weight but hey, facts are your not going to lose much weight sitting on a chair! Try a powerball or something like that, looks cool and works out the hands and forearm, providing stress relief and helping your joints! If you work it fast enough (10000rpm) you'll soon break a sweat
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're sitting on a chair with wheels, twist your hips from side to side.
    It might make you look a little silly, or just like a little kid.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2010
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.