The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There's this search thing on the internet where you can type something in and it finds relevant stuff. I've completely forgotten what it's called. If anyone knows please post it for the OP!
Reply 3
Do you live in London? If you do, I can give you a list of Chinese schools where you can learn Mandarin there. I don't have any sites I can recommend you, but I would recommend you to listen to Mandarin music, and learn the lyrics. That's what I've been doing and it's fun :P
Reply 4
You could try the likes of rosetta stone, Although its not as good as being thrown into the language and having no choice, its a good software enviroment and I used it to brush up on my gaelic. Its quite cool , you set up your mic and it shows you pictures, you must speak it properly to move on.. Has lots of different lessons i've spent endless hours messing around with it and my partner has being learning french.
Reply 5
If you want to practise your understanding of Mandarin Chinese, I suggest you stock up on children's books and watch some kid's TV shows in the language. This is how people learn English as a child, so it helps to use that method when you're older, too. :p:
There is only so far you can go learning it yourself, then you need someone who can speak the language to help correct you and give you guidance on your tones etc. A very rewarding language to learn though :smile: And you can get quite far on your own, you just need to find a way to know that what you're doing is correct. I used Colloquial Chinese as my self-teaching book, and when I started a beginners module in it I found that I recognised a lot of it thanks to this book, so it was a great starting point and if I stuck with it I would have probably done as much as fast as I did in the guided language classes. But you have to find some way to learn how to say things correctly; you can learn things from the book then speak to a Mandarin speaking person/teacher and get a blank faced look.
Buy some books on grammar and that should start you of.
I am up north so not sure if there are mandarin Chinese teaching places.
I shall do, look for some sites on google, and pick it up as I go along. Thanks for the tips.

Latest

Trending

Trending