Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i tried that site, what i need to know is where abouts is the iceland in clifton and is it easy to get too?
Reply 3
Well, this bus goes to Clifton. I have no idea if it stops near Iceland, but I would imagine it does. If you ask the driver when you get on they're normally friendly.
I need to get from University Park (Rutland Hall) to the Tesco Metro At Victoria Road or Gate. Can anyone help please with directions. I dont know if there are any other Tesco stores closer.
Reply 5
The trouble with Notts is there are loads of onewa systems, you best off getting a taxi or walking, it can be quicker to walk to certain places ! Ask anyone if you get lost, unless they have chavness, as they will probabaly send you the wrong way
Reply 6
wurzel gummage
I need to get from University Park (Rutland Hall) to the Tesco Metro At Victoria Road or Gate.

I'm assuming you mean Tesco Metro @ Victoria Centre.

The obvious question from someone who lives in Nottingham would be why do you want to go there?

As it's a Metro, it's expensive, and there are loads of cheaoer places to get your shopping. More to the point, if you're in Halls, why the buggery do you need shopping anyway?:rolleyes:
Reply 7
wurzel gummage
I need to get from University Park (Rutland Hall) to the Tesco Metro At Victoria Road or Gate. Can anyone help please with directions. I dont know if there are any other Tesco stores closer.

Go to the bus stop opposite the QMC on Derby Road.

Catch and Orange bus (well they're green mainly, but have an orange bit near the top and may say something like "orange line" on them) and get off at the Victoria Centre (most people will get off here, and there are loads of bus stops all next to each other to help you identify it!) The Tesco is inside the Victoria Centre (it's a shopping centre) on the bottom floor, so wander around there until you find it. As far as I remember, it's just past Woolworths.

Oh, and the orange buses run roughly very 5-10 minutes, and it costs £1.20 to get to the victoria centre.
Reply 8
oneway
The trouble with Notts is there are loads of onewa systems, you best off getting a taxi or walking, it can be quicker to walk to certain places ! Ask anyone if you get lost, unless they have chavness, as they will probabaly send you the wrong way

And they are most likely to be chavs in nottingham!
Reply 9
there are loats of Chavs in Notts lol

Hey u shud catch the trams, very cool
Reply 10
oneway
there are loats of Chavs in Notts lol

Hey u shud catch the trams, very cool

The trams only run around the city centre, so they're not terribly useful for getting to town from the uni.
Reply 11
Guess not, but they still good to ride on :smile:
Reply 12
hener
And they are most likely to be chavs in nottingham!

No, Nottingham doesn't have chavs!

(Only coz we call them something else, but I can't remember what)
Reply 13
Hi, I just accepted my offer at Noots, and since being a late applicant, I wont be getting any student accommo. I have basically narrowed down my search for private accommo to this areas DUNKIRK, LENTON ABBEY, BEESTON AND RADFORD.

Can I please get help as to what areas are more centre oriented and lots of fun?

thanks
Need to go for probably same reason that anyone would want to go to Iceland in Clifton!
Thanks very much Alex
plenty of chavs/townies/scallies in the town centre dont worry youll see them, also on trent nights there are plenty of them going around!! i went to media on a thursday cos it used to be a notts night, but the place was swarming with ppl with medallions/rings etc, was freightened lol it was horrible!! anyway the universtiy itself ive only seen one chav, and hes on the HuStu JCR committee!!
Is it safe working in victoria centre?
Reply 18
purplecrayon
i tried that site, what i need to know is where abouts is the iceland in clifton and is it easy to get too?

You might want to try posting this in the Nottingham Trent forum as they have a campus at Clifton and so are more likely to take buses there from the city :smile:
Reply 19
pggirl
Hi, I just accepted my offer at Noots, and since being a late applicant, I wont be getting any student accommo. I have basically narrowed down my search for private accommo to this areas DUNKIRK, LENTON ABBEY, BEESTON AND RADFORD.

Can I please get help as to what areas are more centre oriented and lots of fun?

thanks

See here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t143176.html for some comments :smile: Feel free to ask if you have any questions about Dunkirk or Beeston :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending