The Student Room Group

Moving to London.

Hey guys!
So tomorrow is the day when I'll be actually rounding up all my stuff and move to the UK. The plan is to work in London for a year while checking out different universities and doing IB retakes, then move on. Maybe even save up money for some sick trip later on!
But I'll cross those bridges when I get there. However, tomorrow I will be in a completely new city, one which I know very little about, and it's rather nerve-wracking!
I was hoping one of you TSRians would like to give me some tips on what to do when you first move there to get more involved in the city's community. Like, if there's anywhere to go, or anything to do, or anything I should know before moving, I would appreciate the advice.
Thanks for the help!
Reply 1
Well you probably have a place to live. Have you found a job yet? Try to volunteer, looks good on CV.

It might be hard to meet people (like-minded people) but you could on Uni Open days or maybe at where you work/volunteer.

Otherwise just to to your local pub/coffee place (not Swedish coffee but yeah :P) and talk to people. Most Londoners like talking to people from different places.

Lycka till! :smile:

Link to a volunteering website :http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending