The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would always put "woman and children" before me. The reason for that is, i cant bare seeing a girl in danger, and i believe without women, there will be no reproduction. Children of course because well it doesnt need explaining really!
children and old people first.......I shouldnt be expected to have lower chance of survival then someone cause they have a minge!!

although In real life I'd cave in and be more likely to save a "poor girl" then a man...tis biological

SquishyAnt
I would always put "woman and children" before me. The reason for that is, i cant bare seeing a girl in danger, and i believe without women, there will be no reproduction. Children of course because well it doesnt need explaining really!

that is retarded reasoning your not saving humanity were talking about one person and also without men reproduction would stop (not saying that men do an equal role just that their both neccessary)
lulz
Reply 4
children first
Reply 5
Of course. :p: :rofl:
greatmonte
children and old people first.......I shouldnt be expected to have lower chance of survival then someone cause they have a minge!!

although In real life I'd cave in and be more likely to save a "poor girl" then a man...tis biological

that is a retarded exmple your not saving humanity were talking about one person and also without men reproduction would stop

What about transsexuals? :holmes:
Reply 7
I think they've learned to fit cruise ships with life boats for everyone since then:curious:
Reply 8
greatmonte

Who would look after the children, then? The old people? :lolwut:
Reply 9
You'd never see most "feminists" fighting against stuff like this because they only argue about stuff that doesn't suit them, that's what really irritates me. However, there are some feminists who want actual equality and they I respect.
cowleya
What about transsexuals? :holmes:

touché :holmes:
No, me first:
If I had a family and I'm the only one who works, then I doubt any kids I let off the Titanic are going to front up the money to keep my family fed with a roof over there heads.

Yes, kids first:
If I had no family to feed and keep clothed.

"Women" are only included in "women and children first" because it's seen as a noble thing to do.
To be honest, all nobiltiy would go out of the window if I was on a boat that was sinking. Most people would think "every man for himself" and over-fill the lifeboats so that they sink anyway.

Moral of the story: Don't crash into icebergs. :fyi:
Ladipidoo
Who would look after the children, then? The old people? :lolwut:

well thats an entirely different argument....those people would not be saved due to their perceived vulnerability but for the good of the vulnerable people
vin
I think they've learned to fit cruise ships with life boats for everyone since then:curious:

The OP was using a hypothetical example. :nothing:
Reply 14
It would probably be legally wrong but I think any man who calls himself a man would put women and children before him. It's in our instict to protect women and children, after all.
Reply 15
women and children first...

Someone said old people first and though I want to agree... I dunno... They have already had their lives, they are old... The young have their whole lives ahead of them... Sounds harsh I know.
Reply 16
IMO for children yeah but not for women
Tough one...

Personally I would help anyone less able than me first, then get the heck out myself.
Yes. Women and children first.

/thread.
greatmonte
that is retarded reasoning your not saving humanity were talking about one person and also without men reproduction would stop (not saying that men do an equal role just that their both neccessary)

Logic fail, one man can produce hundreds and hundreds of children whereas women can't, therefore you need more women.

And in a life and death situation if physical strength was beneficial I would like to be put before a big strong man, but I don't think it's that relevant in today's society really.

Latest