The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some kind of paranoia or obsessive behaviour.
Reply 2
Being human. Like the fact that you asked this question shows you are insecure.
ch0llima
Some kind of paranoia or obsessive behaviour.

Is that an opinion or is that backed by some psychological research? As it could just as easily be a sign of an inquisitive mind (person).
Kilabu
Being human. Like the fact that you asked this question shows you are insecure.

No, I would just like to know why people do that as not all people do.
Looking into things can be itself a sign of insecurity...
Reply 6
King-Panther
Looking into things, as in trying to decipher what people say and do is a sign of?

:dontknow: but why bother?
victoriacatherine
Looking into things can be itself a sign of insecurity...

CAN, o.k but what else? As I'm not insecure, I'm confident in myself... So what else could it be, I would prefer facts (researched) rather than just opinions.
Reply 8
King-Panther
Is that an opinion or is that backed by some psychological research? As it could just as easily be a sign of an inquisitive mind (person).

I agree it is the sign of an inquisitive person, but the fact you started a thread for people to reassure you what it is a sign off suggests otherwise.
Lu-x
:dontknow: but why bother?

I like to read people, see what they're about. People display what they're thinking or feeling subconsciously via the things they say and do, thus I try and decipher there real intentions.
Reply 10
King-Panther
I like to read people, see what they're about. People display what they're thinking or feeling subconsciously via the things they say and do, thus I try and decipher there real intentions.

Seems like a waste of time to me. If you want to know what theyre feeling just ask.
Kilabu
I agree it is the sign of an inquisitive person, but the fact you started a thread for people to reassure you what it is a sign off suggests otherwise.

No, I do not want reassurance, I said it could be a sign of, not that it is. I know people may be more knowledgeable than I and TSR is a great place to find them and there thoughts.
It means you think too much.
Lu-x
Seems like a waste of time to me. If you want to know what theyre feeling just ask.

Not everyone is straight forward and they do lie... The reason I'm asking is that I went for an interview and the women did and said certain things that caught my attention, which I raised with my siblings... My sister responded with 'you really look into things, (which I do) I never do that'.. Thus I'm curious why that is.
perrytheplatypus
It means you think too much.

You can never think too much. Thinking deeply is a good sign..
Homosexuality. Unlucky lad.
Could be insecurity or meerly curiosity I do it automatically sometimes so you're not alone :h:
Reply 17
By the way you're denying every contribution to your thread, it seems you already have a set idea of what you want someone to say. I'll have a go:

"Oh my God, you're amazing! You should be a famous psychiatrist, like Freud, or a mentalist, like Derren Brown! :eek:"
jannike
By the way you're denying every contribution to your thread, it seems you already have a set idea of what you want someone to say. I'll have a go:

"Oh my God, you're amazing! You should be a famous psychiatrist, like Freud, or a mentalist, like Derren Brown! :eek:"

Thanks... Well, opinions are only taken with a pinch of salt, I don't debate with opinions (there is no point because when it comes to opinions, no one is right), only FACTS... I tried googling it and finding a paper on it or something but I couldn't, thus I turned to TSR.. For facts rather than opinions.
Reply 19
Some people are naturally more inquisitive than others, to be honest I'm suprised you haven't already wondered why you "think more deeply" than other people. How old are you?

Latest

Trending

Trending