The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Frances
I haven't finished packing though, and I have no tv or internet for at least a week :frown:

But yay, I'm excited!

Hehe me too - going back today and haven't finished packing either! Luckily we have internet from last year..but no TV :frown: If you get bored we should meet up again sometime :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
*is jealous*

I'm not going back until next friday :frown:
monday here!!
Reply 4
.NK
Hehe me too - going back today and haven't finished packing either! Luckily we have internet from last year..but no TV :frown: If you get bored we should meet up again sometime :smile:

We'll be in the Rose and Crown from 12:30 on Sunday for lunch if you really get bored... :smile:
good old RnC, some of the cabaret bands they have in there are class, the Pesky Alligators, Rolling Clones ...!! hilarity!!
Reply 6
GAaah/// when do i go?
How come you lot get to go back so early???
Reply 8
I'm moving in on tuesday... guess I better start packing, huh?

Gonna have no TV, internet, or phone either... what am I going to do with myself for a week? LMAO!
Reply 9
.NK

I am VERY bored, cause one of my housemates is getting here on Tuesday and the other two (including the one with the tv) on Sunday. So I'm all on my own!

But at least a 20 minute walk just to use the internet was actually slightly quicker than I thought!
Reply 10
Frances
But at least a 20 minute walk just to use the internet was actually slightly quicker than I thought!

Not 20 minutes then?
Reply 11
Whoo the landlord called me before and said that the hadn't cancelled his internet account from last year yet. So, a bit of messing around later, I have internet in my house :biggrin:
Reply 12
Well the washing machine just boiled all my clothes and flooded my kitchen. Ah, this living out thing is great. :rolleyes:
Reply 13
I know, it's awesome isn't it? :biggrin:
While i was back for retakes I had a window latch and the toilet handle just snap off in my hands. The handyman didn't come for 3 days. Three days in which I couldn't totally secure the house and had to use a lever inside the tank to flush the loo!
Oh and the grill keeps falling off the cooker!
And the shower doesn't work properly quite yet.
Nor does the central heating.
And the kitchen is undergoing subsidence so the building is slowly splitting in half.

But otherwise it's fine! :p:
Reply 14
Recusant
I know, it's awesome isn't it? :biggrin:
While i was back for retakes I had a window latch and the toilet handle just snap off in my hands. The handyman didn't come for 3 days. Three days in which I couldn't totally secure the house and had to use a lever inside the tank to flush the loo!
Oh and the grill keeps falling off the cooker!
And the shower doesn't work properly quite yet.
Nor does the central heating.
And the kitchen is undergoing subsidence so the building is slowly splitting in half.

But otherwise it's fine! :p:

Well last night the light switch cord also just snapped off in my hands. And I can't lock the back door cause the key just won't turn in the lock.

On the bright side, I have an actual housemate tomorrow :biggrin:
Woo :biggrin: I bet you can't wait!