The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
My course starts at caledonian on the 12th so even if i get my appeal anytime soon i`m not optimistic about getting a place. I don`t understand why its taking so long with people`s futures on the line, even if i got rejected tomorrow i would at least know where i stand so i could start considering other options....so frustrated!!! :frown:
Original post by Brad22
Hi there,

I am in the similar position. I am waiting for two appeals, French and English at Higher.

Overall, last year in fifth year I got, ABCC and again I did not perform to the best of my ability.

In both of my prelims for my appeal subjects I got 'A's and am hoping that I will at least get my French appeal since I only got a 'C' in the final exam.

My other 'C' was for Maths- and yes I thought it was really hard and I am so glad with my 'C' because I don't really need it for anything I am doing at University.

Fingers crossed for you as well - hope you get them and me too.

Is it bad for me to say I'm glad I'm not the only one? :redface:
I hope you get your appeals too! :smile:
Reply 522
Original post by ice_03
i was just looking at clearing and you can still add a choice until the 24th of october, but unis have started way before then, so is this not sort of in a similar situation? :s-smilie: sorry im no help

i actually accepted a clearing choice which starts next week on the 19th which i really don`t want to do, it was more a mad panic but i was hoping that if i get my appeal this week i could get into my insurance at caley, if we get our appeals on the 20th do you think there is a chance i could get into caley having missed the first week?? the admissions team aren`t being too helpful at this point just basically saying wait till you find out your appeal result
Reply 523
I just found out my appeal result by phoning the university i applied to, it was unsuccesful :frown: . i appealed my higher maths C (band 5), i had got a high B (73%) in my prelim so was quite hopeful. SQA are so irritating they didnt even bother to notify my school of my result, rather they told my school that the appeal result had been emailed to the university lol. Phone up the universities and ask them if they`ve got an update if you`re still waiting! Good luck!...and **** the SQA!!! :smile:
Reply 524
Original post by Gillianx
Was it successful then and how did you find out?

yeap it was :biggrin: my school called me this morning, maybe you should contact the school and just mention people have heard? all the best
Reply 525
Original post by Gillianx
Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful:frown:. What university was it if you don't mind me asking?

It was glasgow caley for accountancy, whats really annoying is that i know quite a few people who got in with a C in Maths. Keep thinking of that exam, just had a really bad day in which simple questions made me overthink! Even more annoying is that i was predicted an A/B all year round yet the SQA are too arrogant to upgrade my result. Oh well life goes on.....
Reply 526
Original post by ice_03
i thought if you accept a clearing choice you cant get into your firm or insurance regardless of having a successful appeal :/

I`m not sure myself but caley had said if i got the appeal they would have given me a place. just going to attend my clearing choice this year and hopefully transfer, although i would probably have to start at year one again :frown:. Congrats on your appeal, what subject was it for and how strong was your evidence? have you got into uni if you don`t mind me asking? thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 527
Original post by theboss
I`m not sure myself but caley had said if i got the appeal they would have given me a place. just going to attend my clearing choice this year and hopefully transfer, although i would probably have to start at year one again :frown:. Congrats on your appeal, what subject was it for and how strong was your evidence? have you got into uni if you don`t mind me asking? thanks

il mail you what my prelim results were, and everything you have asked.
Reply 528
Original post by ice_03
il mail you what my prelim results were, and everything you have asked.

Could I ask you the same question? What was your appeal for and how strong was your evidence?
can anybody confirm Are the results for the non-urgent appeals getting sent out to the schools on the 23rd? as it says on the Key Dates document: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/41860.html
Reply 530
Original post by stephenmca
can anybody confirm Are the results for the non-urgent appeals getting sent out to the schools on the 23rd? as it says on the Key Dates document: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/41860.html

Hi,

I am also waiting on appeal results this week, and I am glad that you have asked this question because I thought that appeal results urgent or not were to be issued on Tuesday of this week- 20th September.

You are correct however that it looks like that is only for urgent appeals and the rest will come out on Friday.

Hopefully it is not long to wait.
Good luck with your appeals.
P.S. What are you appealing for.

Original post by Brad22
Hi,

I am also waiting on appeal results this week, and I am glad that you have asked this question because I thought that appeal results urgent or not were to be issued on Tuesday of this week- 20th September.

You are correct however that it looks like that is only for urgent appeals and the rest will come out on Friday.

the 23rd?? *sigh* I thought it was the 20th too. :frown:
Original post by Brad22
Hi,

Yeah it's been a long wait lol

I'm appealing Biology, 5 marks shy of the A in the exam with 85% in my prelims, the principal teacher doesn't rate my chances very well but i figured it is worth a shot. Even if i don't get it i am totally satisfied with my results - AAABB.
How about yourself?
Reply 533

I'm appealing Biology, 5 marks shy of the A in the exam with 85% in my prelims, the principal teacher doesn't rate my chances very well but i figured it is worth a shot. Even if i don't get it i am totally satisfied with my results - AAABB.
How about yourself?

Yes it has been long.

I am appealing two subjects - Higher French and Higher English.

I only got a 'C' in my French exam, despite being a straight 'A' candidate throughout the year and achieving 75% in my March Prelim, so again I am hoping I will be able to achieve a 'B', as I would be happy with this.

My other subject is English - I got a 'B' so again not to bothered about this because a 'B' for English isn't too bad, but I would like an 'A' again since that is what I got in my Prelim etc.

So fingers crossed,

What were your 3 'A's and 2 'B's for and what are you hoping to do after leaving school.
Original post by Brad22
Yes it has been long.

I am appealing two subjects - Higher French and Higher English.

I only got a 'C' in my French exam, despite being a straight 'A' candidate throughout the year and achieving 75% in my March Prelim, so again I am hoping I will be able to achieve a 'B', as I would be happy with this.

My other subject is English - I got a 'B' so again not to bothered about this because a 'B' for English isn't too bad, but I would like an 'A' again since that is what I got in my Prelim etc.

So fingers crossed,

What were your 3 'A's and 2 'B's for and what are you hoping to do after leaving school.

I also got a B for English; which i am also happy with - though finding i was 2 marks of the A wasn't nice lol. It's always been my worst subject by far.

A's in Maths, Computing and Graphic Communication. I'm doing Adv maths and computing this year & H modies and sociology. I'm hoping to go onto to do either Computing Science or Maths at Glasgow Uni next year; Bachelors degree in whichever i enjoy more in the first 2 years.
I do wish i had applied this year now, i would have probably got in with my grades; nonetheless a more laidback year wont go a miss haha ... i just hope i get an offer this year so i can relax and drop the 2 social subjects im doing and concentrate what motivation i have left on the 2 advanced highers. What subjects you doing and your plans?
Reply 535

How about yourself?

I am in pretty much the same position for Biology. Can I ask why your principal teacher doesn't think you will get the appeal?
Original post by camiedrum
I am in pretty much the same position for Biology. Can I ask why your principal teacher doesn't think you will get the appeal?

My biology teacher thinks i have a good chance, even saying he would write a letter to the sqa if i don't get it, which i lol'd at. The PT however said that i was unlikely to get it being 5 marks off, he said that usually people would only tend to get appeals from a B (which is considered a good mark) upto an A if they are a couple of marks from it, with a good prelim to back it up. I kinda see where hes coming from with it, the system isn't really designed for us appealing upto an A. However I'm still optimistic :biggrin:
Reply 537
I am appealing Biology as well. Also from a B hoping to go up to an A. I'll be gutted if I don't get it. I got high A marks all through the course and in both my prelims and then missed an A in the higher by a couple of marks.
Reply 538
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything yet or received results of their prelims and also is it tomorrow - the 20th because that is when I thought they were to be released but it seems as though it is the 23th - this Friday.

CAN anyone confirm whether this is the case or not?
God dammit i thought I was finding out tomorrow :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending