The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Alt__x
In psychology, throughout the entire year I've consistently got A's. In 3 of my NABs I got 20/20, and in my prelim I got 97%. However, today was my final exam and I totally cocked up and wrote about the wrong approach for my question on atypical behaviour, and I have now lost 20 marks, taking me down from what I think was an A to a C. As you can imagine I'm distraught. My psychology teacher says you can't get an appeal in psychology up to an A, but surely the evidence is there? Does anyone know?

I totally agree - if the evidence is there - then why not?
Guys,

In AH Maths I got 78% in the January prelim and 65% in the March prelim.

What's the odds of an appeal from a C to a B?

Also, I'd need it for university purposes, so how would I do an emergency appeal since my school wont be open on results day?
Reply 602
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Guys,

In AH Maths I got 78% in the January prelim and 65% in the March prelim.

What's the odds of an appeal from a C to a B?

Also, I'd need it for university purposes, so how would I do an emergency appeal since my school wont be open on results day?

You can ask for a priority appeal and they will get your updated result back to the uni by 29th August. You might receive the result slightly later bt you'll find out the uni's decision on whether you get a place or not by 30th August so this is not too relevant.

You must submit this appeal immediately (on the 7th) and you must inform the uni you have applied to that you are doing this. I'd contact them by phone so you can guarantee someone got the message that day.

Hope this puts you at ease and you can now enjoy the weekend :smile:
Original post by Dhill94
You can ask for a priority appeal and they will get your updated result back to the uni by 29th August. You might receive the result slightly later bt you'll find out the uni's decision on whether you get a place or not by 30th August so this is not too relevant.

You must submit this appeal immediately (on the 7th) and you must inform the uni you have applied to that you are doing this. I'd contact them by phone so you can guarantee someone got the message that day.

Hope this puts you at ease and you can now enjoy the weekend :smile:

But the school needs to submit the appeal right? So how will I manage to contact then on 7 August?
Reply 604
But the school needs to submit the appeal right? So how will I manage to contact then on 7 August?

Yeah the school submits the appeal. Actually didn't even check, are you Scottish? If not, do the same thing but on the day the English results arrive. Their will be staff in the day you receive your results
Original post by Dhill94
Yeah the school submits the appeal. Actually didn't even check, are you Scottish? If not, do the same thing but on the day the English results arrive. Their will be staff in the day you receive your results

Accidental neg :frown:

Yeah im Scottish, so you reckon my school will have staff in on Tuesday?
Reply 606
Accidental neg :frown:

Yeah im Scottish, so you reckon my school will have staff in on Tuesday?

That's no probs haha :smile: And yeh, they should do. I would head down to your school if I were you and try and see your head teacher in person. If they don't, still phone the uni and say your having a priority appeal and try on a daily basis to get in touch with the school.

Forgot to say, tell the school you need a priority appeal as its slightly dearer (like a tenner) and they have to indicate its a priority appeal when they send it away.
Reply 607
Hey guys i got an A in both of my advanced higher Biology prelims and above 90% in my Nabs however i got a C in the final exam, think there could be any chance of an appeal atall?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Babb_zz
Hey guys i got an A in both of my advanced higher prelims and above 90% in my Nabs however i got a C in the final exam, think there could be any chance of an appeal atall?

Probably have a chance to appeal to a B, but not for definite. Get your teachers to put in an appeal anyway and see what happens :smile:
Reply 609
Original post by Ecosse_14
Probably have a chance to appeal to a B, but not for definite. Get your teachers to put in an appeal anyway and see what happens :smile:

Aww I would love it to be an A but see what happens man haha :smile:
I just got my results which were all good except my higher art. I got a C and am so dissapointed as I was estimated for a hihgh B if not an A. How do the appeals work for art?
Reply 611
Original post by Brumski
Not trying to derail the thread but I did not want to start another thread and clutter up the forums.

Out of the 3 Physics prelims we done I got above 90% for 2 of them and somewhere above 80& for the other one.

Only got a B in my exam, I presume it is an upper B, good chance of appeal?

That is the exact same situation as me, I was well in the upper A boundaries in class but that exam was nothing I had ever seen, hope my teacher appeals as I am gutted with a B

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I just got a disappointing c for higher history. I was predicted at a high b. 68%, I think. Do you think It's likely I'll get an appeal?
Reply 613
Can you appeal if you got a 1 overall but were expected to do better in one of the sections. For French I was expected a 1 in writing but got a 2. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 614
If I get a 1,2 in my history prelim, and a 2,2 in my history exam should I appeal for a 1
Reply 615
I was predicted to get a 1 in Standard Grade English, however got a 2. My grades were: Talking - 1, Reading - 2, and Writing - 2. I was predicted to get a 1 for my Reading/Writing folio, and got a 1 in my Prelim for reading, and a 2 in writing. Do you think there is any chance of an appeal?
Reply 616
Original post by RianMcD
If I get a 1,2 in my history prelim, and a 2,2 in my history exam should I appeal for a 1

To get an overall 1 in History, you need to have a grade 1 in Enquiry Skills. Because you haven't achieved that in your prelim nor your exam, it's unlikely you'd get an appeal.
Reply 617
Sorry, I actually got a 2,1 in my prelim and a 2,2 in my exam, should I appeal for a 1 now?

also do other exam results affect your appeal, i got 1's in all my other exams?
(edited 11 years ago)
I got a D in Advanced higher Biology but was predicted a B and managed to get a strong B in the prelim and passed all the NABS really well, would it be likely that I get C if I appeal?
So i was just wondering how does the appeal system work - as in how do I apply?
I just got my standard grade results and for eg: I got a 2 for Biology, and in my prelim a 1, so do you reckon I'd be able to get an appeal. Also can you apply for more than one?
sorry if this has been asked before :/
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending