The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ape Gone Insane
I was a fool to not make it the first time.

Don't worry, all the cool cats do it. Who doesn't like a bit of tension? :wink:
Ape Gone Insane

Well done!

I saw your grades before and was pretty amazed you missed your offer as you did so well overall even before your appeal!
Reply 122
I haven't got mine through yet, but I'm expecting it. Not sure if the mail has come yet.

I got a D in the final and an A in the prelim so I should at least get one grade up. Last year my teacher put my appeal through without even asking her, they did that for everyone. They never said you had to ask them, just that if they could they would.
Ape Gone Insane

Thanks. It is now! Never had straight As before. :moon: Stupid Modern Studies marker putting me through 25 days of hell. :colonhash:

What are you off to do at St Andrews? :ninja:

"inb4 Accounting" :awesome:

I love my modern studies marker :love:

Going to do management, economics & psychology :biggrin: :cool: I love accounts, can't wait to get to some of it in management :o:
Reply 124
Hmm, Physics is the only one getting appealed. Got 93% in one prelim, 80% in another. Only got a B in the final exam. HOPEFULLY it will be successful. Not exactly a big deal if it isn't, but it would still be preferable.
Dear Appeals commitee, hurry up and give us our results.

Love from, everyone waiting on appeals!
Reply 126
matthew93
Dear Appeals commitee, hurry up and give us our results.

Love from, everyone waiting on appeals!

You crying? :bawling:
CT_Scan
You crying? :bawling:

I'm crying buckets.

Now **** off back to the forum. :wink:
Reply 128
matthew93
I'm crying buckets.

Now **** off back to the forum. :wink:

Erm...I'm thinking you've been to the forum more than I have...
CT_Scan
Erm...I'm thinking you've been to the forum more than I have...

I've only been twice D;

What was your Challenge Cup score yesterday? Oh wait...
Reply 130
Just got a call informing me of the success of my appeal
Computing grade went from a C (Band 6) to an A :woo: :woo: :woo:
911 bob

Oh wow. well done :biggrin:
Reply 132
911 bob

that's amazing :eek3: . Well done! How did you manage that then, did you have an amazing prelim result or did the sqa figure out that they marked your original exam incorrectly?
Reply 133
911 bob

Well done! :woo: What subject?
Reply 134
LuhLah
Well done! :woo: What subject?

Well it says computing on his post so i'm guessing its computing. :yep:
If my appeal jumps 2 grades like 'ole bob's has i'll be buzzin! Well done good sir! :biggrin:

Btw a D grade from my final exam wouldn't jump to a B at 64% (my prelim score: 50/70 for prelim essays & sources, and 14/30 extended response) would it? :P:
Reply 136
David1693
Well it says computing on his post so i'm guessing its computing. :yep:

Oh, I just seen the "C to A" bit :o: /retard
Reply 137
David1693
that's amazing :eek3: . Well done! How did you manage that then, did you have an amazing prelim result or did the sqa figure out that they marked your original exam incorrectly?

Well I went into the exam needing only like 58% to get an A overall.
And my prelims were over 80%.

I don't know whether the paper was remarked ( if that is even possible :s-smilie: ) or they just looked at my prelims and seen that as sufficient evidence.

LuhLah
Well done! :woo: What subject ?

It was computing.
Reply 138
Heyaa i was wondering if a C could go to an A in a subject like english, or is that highly unlikely? I know i've asked quite alot about english appeals, but i was completely gutted about my english result and am just hoping that it may go up to an A. By the way does anyone know of anyone else who has ever gotten an appeal in english from a C to an A?
Reply 139
anyone know when the appeals are due in? Im waiting for physics and my teacher says the end of the month but looks like some people on here already have them?

Latest

Trending

Trending