The Student Room Group

Part time post office interview...advice needed please

hey, i have a interview for part time work at my local post office tomorrow, and im just wondering what i should wear? i dont know whether it's casual (suit!!) or just nromal clothes (eg jeans polo and trackjacket?!)

Thanks
wear something that could be considered business dress, so trousers and a white blouse, maybe a jacket as well.
Reply 2
im male so cant wear a blouse!
Reply 3
At my PO interview I wasn't sure either. Ended up wearing a suit, but with no tie and my top button undone. Got the job :smile:

If you have any PO questions then give me a shout - still working there on Saturdays.
Can you give me a heads up on what interview is like regarding questions etc I have one next week :smile:
Don't know what would be asked, as each post office is different, but all offices are focused on good service and selling.
Some days you may be pushing travel insurance to each customer, others maybe credit cards.
You'd also probably be expected to upsell each mail customer the special delivery service by asking, 'would you like the item to arrive tomorrow?' Etc.
And each customer are expected to be asked if they want a mobile top up, so it's about how you talk to customers, hope this helps with your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To the original poster, just noticed the date of the post, did u get the job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending