The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Broderss
There are 7 billion people in this world. That's 7000000000 people. These floods are affecting some of the least valuable people to humankind, so why should I care about Pakistan?

Lol your logic is embarrassing.
Reply 41
feedz
you have no idea how united pakistanis are in time of crisis. and you talk about terrorists..they have no place in pakistan.they are all coming in from afghanistan where the coalition forces are failing to maintain the borders .

I am not talking about terrorists, I am para phrasing the BBC report! A internationally respected news agency!

Either way, the country is screwed. It is a rudderless ship in a time of desperate need, and no matter how much money you throw at a rudderless ship, you still don't have a rudder. In other words, the money would be better spent trying to overcome the chaos in the current gov't and then trying to sort out the people.

If this carries on, the aid cannot be distributed and the people go hungry. If the gov't is re-organised, then the Pakistani's can start to rebuild Pakistan, not Western charities and NGOs with Western money.

Those Coalition forces might be moving east at this rate.
Reply 42
gbduo
I am not talking about terrorists, I am para phrasing the BBC report! A internationally respected news agency!

Either way, the country is screwed. It is a rudderless ship in a time of desperate need, and no matter how much money you throw at a rudderless ship, you still don't have a rudder. In other words, the money would be better spent trying to overcome the chaos in the current gov't and then trying to sort out the people.

If this carries on, the aid cannot be distributed and the people go hungry. If the gov't is re-organised, then the Pakistani's can start to rebuild Pakistan, not Western charities and NGOs with Western money.

Those Coalition forces might be moving east at this rate.

well if you dont want to donate ok. i wish this never happens to anyone.but when it befalls only the effecties know how massive it is.
Too many wannabe controverisialites on this forum... They pounce on the latest headline and pretend to have the opposing anarchistic view (i.e. - Roual Moat is a legend/Raped girl had it coming/Poverty's a laugh and I deserve my Xbox etc).Well done guys. Have a lollypop.

I really wish some kind of natural disaster hit Britain/America. It sounds terrible but at least it might wake a few idiots up.
I can't donate for 2 reasons:

1) gbduo's argument is essentially my own
2) If I donated to every natural disaster, every charity, every little thing that is wrong with this world or that could go wrong with this world... I'd have no money. I can't pick just one to donate to, because then I'd feel bad about the others. **** logic that may be, but the point stands. I didn't donate when the tsunami happened a few years back, I didn't donate when New Orleans got destroyed (I know it's America, but a natural disaster is a natural disaster), I didn't donate when Haiti got hit, and it just wouldn't be right if I started donating now.
avantledeluge
Too many wannabe controverisialites on this forum... They pounce on the latest headline and pretend to have the opposing anarchistic view (i.e. - Roual Moat is a legend/Raped girl had it coming/Poverty's a laugh and I deserve my Xbox etc).Well done guys. Have a lollypop.

I really wish some kind of natural disaster hit Britain/America. It sounds terrible but at least it might wake a few idiots up.

Yeah, it could also kill several million people... might want to rethink that one. :p:
Reply 46
Donated today
Im not donating firstly because my money ive worked for which thinking about giving away to a country which has no personal value is stupid. Secondly how do I know my money is not funding terrorism?
+ Rep for OP for caring. :smile:
I've donated.
Haven't heard a whole lot about this on the news, surprisingly.
avantledeluge

Best post I've seen in days!
+ Rep for you in the morning.
Reply 50
feedz
well if you dont want to donate ok. i wish this never happens to anyone.but when it befalls only the effecties know how massive it is.

Where did I say I didn't want to donate? I was merely giving reasons why donating is not enough and there are bigger issues at hand here rather than just the immediate problem.
Reply 51
Any country but Pakistan and I likely would. Pakistan I couldn't give two ***** about to be perfectly honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10900338
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10841485
Reply 52
Jackthevillain
Im not donating firstly because my money ive worked for which thinking about giving away to a country which has no personal value is stupid. Secondly how do I know my money is not funding terrorism?

you saying red cross and edhi foundation are involved in funding terroristS??
i gave you the links for these organizations for donations.
Reply 53
Drunk Punx
I can't donate for 2 reasons:

1) gbduo's argument is essentially my own
2) If I donated to every natural disaster, every charity, every little thing that is wrong with this world or that could go wrong with this world... I'd have no money. I can't pick just one to donate to, because then I'd feel bad about the others. **** logic that may be, but the point stands. I didn't donate when the tsunami happened a few years back, I didn't donate when New Orleans got destroyed (I know it's America, but a natural disaster is a natural disaster), I didn't donate when Haiti got hit, and it just wouldn't be right if I started donating now.

well thats what you think.
do you think all the money you get -you all deserve it?
there might be times when people were generous and gave you that or it might be in the future.
if you donate one pound you cant be poor. i bet that.
Reply 54
Logi
Any country but Pakistan and I likely would. Pakistan I couldn't give two ***** about to be perfectly honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10900338
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10841485

wwell what david cameron said was ridiculous.
i mean he goes to a country like india which is doing state terrorism in kashmir killing innocent people every day. stationed his 500,000 thousand troops since 60 years. or more accurate there are 7 soldiers for every civilian in kashmir..cameron didnt condem at all.
Reply 55
Broderss
There are 7 billion people in this world. That's 7000000000 people. These floods are affecting some of the least valuable people to humankind, so why should I care about Pakistan?

:facepalm: You're a fail. Let's hypothetically say a flood or something hit the country you live in. There are 7 billion people in this world. I'm sure you'd love people saying you're one of the 'least valuable people to humankind' when you're homeless and starving without any clothes :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: Have fun.
Why is the suffering of these people significantly worse than that of other similarly endangered people in Africa and whatever?

I don't care.
Reply 57
Hubris Syndrome
+ Rep for OP for caring. :smile:
I've donated.
Haven't heard a whole lot about this on the news, surprisingly.

Hmmmm for some reason I don't think it's one of their biggest priorities whereas a bigger fuss is made over other disasters :dontknow: Maybe people are reluctant to help due to the media's portrayal and the whole relation to terrorism or whatever. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 58
mel0n
Hmmmm for some reason I don't think it's one of their biggest priorities whereas a bigger fuss is made over other disasters :dontknow: Maybe people are reluctant to help due to the media's portrayal and the whole relation to terrorism or whatever. :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

well you know pakistan cant do anything to change brain washed minds of the west who think pakistan supports terrorism.

firstly pakistan never started this war on terror.
secondly it was never because of pakistan.
thirdly despite pakistan having no involvement in it ,it has suffered the most out of it cause the west has drawn pakistan into it.
feedz
you saying red cross and edhi foundation are involved in funding terroristS??
i gave you the links for these organizations for donations.

How do I know the aid will not be stolen and anyway as I said Pakistan has no personal value to me.

Latest