The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Because feminism is just a rediculous and stupid as male supremacy?
I hate feminism because I support traditional sex roles and patriarchy.
Reply 162
Cybele
I'm stating the obvious here, but you know absolutely nothing about feminism. The point of feminism is to give women the choice of how they live their lives. You can be a feminist and a mother/housewife, if that is what you choose.

Feminism is not dying out, if you really believe it is, then you are the only one who does. If anything feminist beliefs are spreading, to countries where women are still oppressed. We have even seen the rise of feminist movements in countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan, something previously we never thought would happen. Likewise, the feminist movement in the UK has not died down, it is as strong as ever. You would know that if you actually did your research.

Hehe, so, in your mind, exactly 'when' will women roll over and say, "OK, screw my rights, get me back in the kitchen?" :p: Not gonna happen pal, society will never regress to such an extent.

Feminists claim they are about giving women the right to choose. However if all women chose to be housewives the feminists wouldn;t be too happy.

Also why do feminists repeat this mantra of giving people the right to choose, yet they do not support this right for men. If you're a man who says he wants a stay at home wife who is a home maker he is hated by feminists.

When you say you have seen the rise of feminism in Iraq and Afghanistan do you mean two brutal wars were enacted which forced change upon society which was heavily resisted?
Great 1 million dead but atleast we have more feminism. God you people are ******* evil racists.

Feminists will role over and give in when the majority of babies are born to women from African, South American eastern European and Asian households. These people will eventually form a greater part of western society (through immigration) and they will take their beliefs with them. They will also have more children once in western countries and they will teach their children the same beliefs.

Already in the UK some areas are being completely replaced by ethnic groups who hail from the before mentioned regions.

I am a perfect example of this. My dad originates from Asia, my mum is white (she is a feminist) my beliefs are that feminism is evil and backwards and I intend to have as many kids as I can (perhaps 8). So already this country is changing and with every generation the significance will grow.
Reply 163
GorGor
Feminists claim they are about giving women the right to choose. However if all women chose to be housewives the feminists wouldn;t be too happy.

Also why do feminists repeat this mantra of giving people the right to choose, yet they do not support this right for men. If you're a man who says he wants a stay at home wife who is a home maker he is hated by feminists.

When you say you have seen the rise of feminism in Iraq and Afghanistan do you mean two brutal wars were enacted which forced change upon society which was heavily resisted?
Great 1 million dead but atleast we have more feminism. God you people are ******* evil racists.

Feminists will role over and give in when the majority of babies are born to women from African, South American eastern European and Asian households. These people will eventually form a greater part of western society (through immigration) and they will take their beliefs with them. They will also have more children once in western countries and they will teach their children the same beliefs.

Already in the UK some areas are being completely replaced by ethnic groups who hail from the before mentioned regions.

I am a perfect example of this. My dad originates from Asia, my mum is white (she is a feminist) my beliefs are that feminism is evil and backwards and I intend to have as many kids as I can (perhaps 8). So already this country is changing and with every generation the significance will grow.

:facepalm2: Not only do you know nothing about feminism, you also know nothing of the world it seems. I do feel sorry for whoever educated you and fed you all this crap.

I actually re-read what you said and laughed. Sorry to burst your bubble, feminism is not going to just die out, especially not by the way you described. If it does, it won't be in your lifetime. You'll be waiting for several hundred years for the population of 'traditional-minded' immigrants to replace the entire population of the forward-thinking West. :smile:

Like I said before, society doesn't allow regression. Just look at the Civil Rights Movement - ethnic minorities were seen as inferior for centuries, they campaigned for their right to be deemed equal and they got it. It's the same principle with the feminist movement - you've got about as much chance of forcing women back into their 'assigned' role as wife and mother as you have forcing a black person to the back of a bus.
Reply 164
Cybele
:facepalm2: Not only do you know nothing about feminism, you also know nothing of the world it seems. I do feel sorry for whoever educated you and fed you all this crap.

I actually re-read what you said and laughed. Sorry to burst your bubble, feminism is not going to just die out, especially not by the way you described. If it does, it won't be in your lifetime. You'll be waiting for several hundred years for the population of 'traditional-minded' immigrants to replace the entire population of the forward-thinking West. :smile:

Like I said before, society doesn't allow regression. Just look at the Civil Rights Movement - ethnic minorities were seen as inferior for centuries, they campaigned for their right to be deemed equal and they got it. It's the same principle with the feminist movement - you've got about as much chance of forcing women back into their 'assigned' role as wife and mother as you have forcing a black person to the back of a bus.

I know enough about feminism to know its evil. I was educated in a top university :smile:

You're right I am currently living in the feminist era. I grew up in it and I learned to hate it.

I think you will be suprised how quickly things will change. When you consider the Birth rates of immigrant families and the prevalence of inter racial dating. The whole fabric of this society will be completely different in thirty years.

Already in some areas of london there are barely any white British people. The 'forward thinking' west exists only in the middle classes, and their birth rates are getting worse than a pandas hahaha.

You'll be suprised how quickly human culture can change especially with an influx of different people whether through war or immigration. Women wont be forced back into the home they'll be brought up to believe thats their role.

Society has 'regressed' in the past and it will do again.

Just you wait and see.

Consider my example. I am from an ethnic minority group. I will only take a wife who is willing to fulfill the role of mother and home maker. Either I can get that here or I will look to another country. Either way I will have many children (perhaps eight). How many will you have 1?

There are more people like me and even stricter than me. Either way things will change and then who will your daughter marry or her daughter?
Things will change and it will change exponentially.
Reply 165
GorGor

Society has 'regressed' in the past and it will do again.

Just you wait and see.

Consider my example. I am from an ethnic minority group. I will only take a wife who is willing to fulfill the role of mother and home maker. Either I can get that here or I will look to another country. Either way I will have many children (perhaps eight). How many will you have 1?

There are more people like me and even stricter than me. Either way things will change and then who will your daughter marry or her daughter?
Things will change and it will change exponentially.

There's wishful thinking and then there's delusion. Go on then, give me an example of regression?

Good luck looking for such a wife, seriously. Not many women these days who aspire to the role of doormat. How many kids will I have? Maybe 1, maybe none, maybe 10 children by 6 different fathers. I haven't decided. And my daughters can marry whomsoever they choose, apart from men with backwards attitudes like yours of course. :yep:

Keep kidding yourself, you are in for such a shock pal.
Reply 166
Cybele
There's wishful thinking and then there's delusion. Go on then, give me an example of regression?

Good luck looking for such a wife, seriously. Not many women these days who aspire to the role of doormat. How many kids will I have? Maybe 1, maybe none, maybe 10 children by 6 different fathers. I haven't decided. And my daughters can marry whomsoever they choose, apart from men with backwards attitudes like yours of course. :yep:

Keep kidding yourself, you are in for such a shock pal.

Well in ancient Greece the women had lots of power but with the fall of the empire that changed.

Looking at you I would say single mother with one child in the making. Maybe your daughter will marry my son and have to submit to him like a good little girl haha.

A shock? i can go to the old country and have a line of girls to choose from, although i have my hands full here.

By the way the soldiers aren't heroes they're scum.
Reply 167
GorGor
Well in ancient Greece the women had lots of power but with the fall of the empire that changed.

Looking at you I would say three max. Maybe your daughter will marry my son and have to submit to him like a good little girl haha.

A shock? i can go to the old country and have a line of girls to choose from, although i have my hands full here.

By the way the soldiers aren't heroes they're scum.

You've given me a giggle GorGor, if that's the only thing going for you.
Reply 168
Cybele
You've given me a giggle GorGor, if that's the only thing going for you.

Don't worry the ladies love me.
Reply 169
Ha, so I go from 3 kids to a single mother of one. Interesting......
Reply 170
Cybele
Ha, so I go from 3 kids to a single mother of one. Interesting......

Maybe I will change it to a potential future baby machine for me...
Reply 171
Sigh.

I know this is the most attention you've had from a female in your entire miserable life, but please, I'm bored of you now.
Reply 172
Cybele
Sigh.

I know this is the most attention you've had from a female in your entire miserable life, but please, I'm bored of you now.

I think it is sad you would ridicule a man for not getting female attention. That is just being a spiuteful bitch.

However I have no problems. I am probably the best looking man on tsr.
Hi,
I've made a survey for my EPQ so it would be really great if you could fill it in if anybody has time. It would mean I would have some statistics on the general opinion of feminism.

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=8i8akw4ogby75pf794633
because they're scared of women gaining power and thinking for themselves.
Reply 175
Why don't feminists ever campaign for equal custody rights for men?
kirstyljones
And our parliament hardly shows equality between the genders. When 51% of this population is female why are there only 22% females in this parliament?

Don't forget that more men want to be politicians as men, in general, tend to be more interested in getting involved in politics. It's not discrimination if the women just aren't running as much as the men.

kirstyljones
And people complaining about maternity leave etc.; women can't help that they were the ones that evolved to carry children and give birth to them and shouldn't be penalised with reduced pay or employment opportunities simply because they are continuing human life.

A lot of the time women have worse job opportunities because they choose to stay at home with the baby for longer than 6 months, choose to work part time, or choose to take a lower stress job so that they have more time for the kids. This is their choice and right, but means that they won't be pushing for the high up jobs so men will inevitabley get them. It could be seen as extremely unfair to men that women get six months full paid leave to bond with their baby whilst they still have to work and miss out on family time.
It's true, I'm male and I ******* hate feminists, they irritate the hell out of me.
Gascoigne
Why don't feminists ever campaign for equal custody rights for men?

Are men's groups sleeping on the job???.....maybe its time they call in some help:s-smilie:

I hate feminism because I support traditional sex roles and patriarchy.

of course, why wouldnt you, support system that have great benefits, rewards and priviledges to you. Any sane person can totally see yr point of view there:rolleyes:
Reply 179
The only aspect of feminism I take exception to is the phrase passed around, "the natural advantages of being born male" or however it's phrased. On those terms it belittles everything I have ever worked hard to achieve

Latest

Trending

Trending