The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham Medicine Freshers 2010

Hiya,
I was just made 'unconditional' last week. I am super excited. :woo:
Can't wait to meet new people and dive into uni life. lol.
The main purpose of this thread is for Freshers' to chat with each other and share your anxieties about uni as well as things you are all looking forward to. e.g.; uni shopping, Freshers' Week, MedBar, etc.
In this way, we could get acquainted with each other way before heading off to uni in Sept.

Cheers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya i am studying med in sept at bham! what accomodation are you in? i am stressing! xx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I'm doing med :biggrin: totally excited, but kinda scared that everyone will be more intelligent than me!
Reply 3
hi, i'm doing med too :biggrin: a bit apprehensive but excited too :smile:
i'm in pritchatts house, what about you?
Reply 4
Hiii :smile: dont worry everyone will be much more intelligent than me! :smile:
Im in Oakley Court, anyone else?
Reply 5
Heyyy Im doing med to :smile:.. also kinda scared but excited! XD

Im in Oakley Court to! :biggrin: its supposed to be really nice there :smile: which flat do you have?
anyone know what to do about the freshersfest pckage , do we get one or do we do stuff with medsoc?
Reply 7
russellkaminski
anyone know what to do about the freshersfest pckage , do we get one or do we do stuff with medsoc?

Good question. I think we should get something in the post off MedSoc soon, so I'm going to wait till I see what it says in that.

I'm in Mason btw.
Reply 8
Yeah has anyone had anything in the post from the uni? and i was wondering do we need to send the uni something confirming that we've had all the injections/are immune to hep b? because i remember there was that june 4th deadline but i spoke to them before because i couldn't get it all done by then and so i have it all now, do i need to send it off before?
Reply 9
it would be a good idea to send or bring with you proof of immunity so theres no fuss when you start the course. Im hearing other subject applicants saying theyre recieving info for their course so hopefully we'll be soon!! What accommodation hve ya got? xx
Reply 10
Any medics in mason? x
Reply 11
Hiya, I'm doing med in september too. Is anyone else in Maple Bank? x
vicky1992
Yeah has anyone had anything in the post from the uni? and i was wondering do we need to send the uni something confirming that we've had all the injections/are immune to hep b? because i remember there was that june 4th deadline but i spoke to them before because i couldn't get it all done by then and so i have it all now, do i need to send it off before?

I'd send off your information now or, if you're in doubt, ring the medschool office and ask them. It doesn't matter if you aren't immune to everything by the time you go to uni anyway - occupational health will do the injections for you and you don't do anything that needs you to be immunised until the second year :smile:
Reply 13
any medics in victoria hall? x
Reply 14
Lgdale
any medics in victoria hall? x

yup :smile::smile: medic in victoria hall, E7 :smile: how about you ? x
Reply 15
yayyyyyy i'm in h7 victoria hall, whats ur facebook? xxx
Reply 16
medic in victoria hall, flat F6! anyone else there? :smile: xxx
Wardy92
hi, i'm doing med too :biggrin: a bit apprehensive but excited too :smile:
i'm in pritchatts house, what about you?

i'm doing medicine and in Pritchatts House, Flat 4. What flat are you in?
Reply 18
im doing medicine too, pritchatts house, flat 11 anybody? have any of you bought freshers packs yet?
Reply 19
hey, im doing medicine and in pritchatts house, flat 11 anybody? have any of you bought freshers packs yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending