The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Ranmoor Vs. Endcliffe?? New flats

Hi everyone,

Will be joining Sheffield Uni in September as an international postgrad. I haven't applied for accommodation yet but I will in the next few days.

I still dunno what to put as my first choice. I am really liking the sound of Ranmoor; quieter, more relaxed, newer apartments. However, I was thinking about getting a deluxe room; but those are only available in Endcliffe and as they are few I may not be able to get one.

So my question is this: the new Endcliffe flats opened in 2007 while the Ranmoor ones were opened in 2009. Does that mean that the flats in Ranmoor are better in quality as they are relatively newer. Or are they both the same without much difference?
Reply 1
Basically, don't come to sheffield. It's ****. Go to London or another great city. Hope this helps.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
wow thanks. That did help. A lot actually.

Have a nice day!
Reply 3
I've heard that Endcliffe/Ranmoor are pretty much exactly the same, apart from Ranmoor being smaller and that 'The Edge' is apparently better than 'The Ridge'.
I've applied for Endcliffe :smile:
I would go for Ranmoor, its got a more relaxed vibe etc. They are essentially the same though so I wouldnt worry about it.
Reply 5
Subhano
Hi everyone,

Will be joining Sheffield Uni in September as an international postgrad. I haven't applied for accommodation yet but I will in the next few days.

I still dunno what to put as my first choice. I am really liking the sound of Ranmoor; quieter, more relaxed, newer apartments. However, I was thinking about getting a deluxe room; but those are only available in Endcliffe and as they are few I may not be able to get one.

So my question is this: the new Endcliffe flats opened in 2007 while the Ranmoor ones were opened in 2009. Does that mean that the flats in Ranmoor are better in quality as they are relatively newer. Or are they both the same without much difference?

The Endcliffe flats still feel really new, I don't really see a big difference between them and Ranmoor. I'd go for Endcliffe, but I'm sure you'll find the single room is perfectly fine too. :smile:
Reply 6
The size of the kitchens and living spaces in ranmoor are generally bigger. And it is slightly newer but other than that it shouldnt really make too much of a difference
Reply 7
Continental
Basically, don't come to sheffield. It's ****. Go to London or another great city. Hope this helps.

London is a horrible place to live for one thing. more expensive for another, public transport is horrible AND expensive, and of course, the major downside, there are people like continental there.

Anyway, my opinion would be go for endcliffe: there are a lot more first years there and its a bit closer to the uni, and the edge is as said before better than the ridge. Ranmoor is still good though
for the guy who said don't go to Sheffield, he wasn't joking. It is c**p. You'll realise it reasonably quickly.
Reply 9
mathperson
for the guy who said don't go to Sheffield, he wasn't joking. It is c**p. You'll realise it reasonably quickly.

You won't because it isn't.
Reply 10
Sheffield is amazing.

I've lived just outside London all my life and I couldn't imagine living right in the city during university years. Theres no student community at all, everything is RIDICULOUSLY expensive (eg transport, drinks on a night out), the city is so large its difficult to get around after the tube trains stop a little after midnight, its so congested all the bloody time, loads of foreigners who don't even speak english, and so on.

Go to Sheffield.
Reply 11
Endcliffe and Ranmoor bedrooms are identical, so the main thing is whether you want a livelier or quieter community.

The sheer size of Endcliffe never ceases to amaze me. Its huge.
Ranmoor is about 5 minutes away from Endcliffe, meaning its the furthest location from town and your lectures. So keep that in mind. I had to find that out the hard way. :emo:

But its lovely in both of them!
Noor_
Sheffield is amazing.

I've lived just outside London all my life and I couldn't imagine living right in the city during university years. Theres no student community at all, everything is RIDICULOUSLY expensive (eg transport, drinks on a night out), the city is so large its difficult to get around after the tube trains stop a little after midnight, its so congested all the bloody time, loads of foreigners who don't even speak english, and so on.

Go to Sheffield.

Exaggerate much?

To be honest it is a matter of opinion, but if you dont like foreigners then you wont come to sheffield. The surroundin areas of the uni are minority areas, so...
Reply 13
well I got allocated in neither ranmoor nor endlicffe
Opal 2.. and Im actualy happy about that as i thought it was all full

Latest

Trending

Trending