The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
As far as I'm aware, the first day of freshers week is the 2nd oct, and i think lectures start the thursday after that? I'm not sure where i got that from though so I might have just made it up...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Aleeece123
As far as I'm aware, the first day of freshers week is the 2nd oct, and i think lectures start the thursday after that? I'm not sure where i got that from though so I might have just made it up...

This is right...you'll probably arrive on 2nd/3rd October, then lectures etc start on Thursday 7th :smile:.
doodle_333
if my course is due to start 1st oct then do I have to arrive BEFORE the 1st or is that the day I arrive?
and how much will I need for freshers week?

Most people move in on the Sunday at the start of Freshers' Week - you'll get more information on that later, I believe.

How much what will you need, sorry? Money or things to bring with you?
Surely you'll get a pack of stuff telling you?
I know I'm arriving on 24th Sept, but only because I'm a weird funded Postgrad so I have to be different.
Reply 5
doodle_333
if my course is due to start 1st oct then do I have to arrive BEFORE the 1st or is that the day I arrive?
and how much will I need for freshers week?

If your course does have an official start date of 1st October, I'm guessing you may be studying a postgrad degree programme. If so, you'll probably be expected to arrive on Thursday the 30th September. If you're living in a College (undergrad or postgrad), they'll send you a welcome pack that will let you know the date they'd like you to arrive. If you're in private accommodation, then it'll be up to you when you get here I guess. Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending