Announcements Posted on
    • 152 followers

ReputationRep:
    HTC Desire!

WAY better than either BB or iPhone
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesssty)
    who says you're shooting yourself in the hand?
    No one did. But if you were right handed you'd find it difficult to shoot yourself in the left side and vice versa. You obviously didn't watch BBC's Sherlock Holmes last week, tut tut.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyhol1012)
    Which is best really?
    I know its all down to personal preference but I have heard very conflicting things so far. Its almost a 50/50 split.

I've never had a Blackberry or an iPhone and would really like to know what people think of either one.

I'm changing contract providers (O2 to Orange) and I want to make the most of my money.

Does any one have any idea which would be the better phone?

Thank you
    The Blackberry is designed for business-use. You can do a lot of cool* things with it that you can't do with your iphone - in particular, you can open excel and word files and link them in e-mails.

As others have said, the iPhone is an all-rounder and better for students, in my opinion.

*well, cool for geeks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    No one did. But if you were right handed you'd find it difficult to shoot yourself in the left side and vice versa. You obviously didn't watch BBC's Sherlock Holmes last week, tut tut.
    What hand you shoot with doesn't make it clear what side you should shoot.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone advocating BBM as a reason to get a bb is a bit slow. Get unlimited texts then youve got BBM to any phone. The iPhone is about 3 times as good as the best BB, and I can say that having used both, and having owned older versions of both
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well i have an iphone and its awesome but im sick of it now and i wanna get a blackberry
    so yeh eenie meenie mini mo ?!?!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebirthoftragedy)
    I have a Blackberry and I love it. But I honestly don't understand all this fuss about BBM. How the hell do I use it? haha
    I haven't read on to see if anyones commented on your post but its really simple honestly!

When you go on BBM you just need to add some contacts using their BB pin.. you can find your BBpin on BBM if you go to 'My Profile'

Simples
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would say Blackberry as I love mine (I have the Storm2)..one of my friends had the iPhone and she loved it but I really didn't..I think if you're into just playing on games all the time go for the iPhone but if you're more of a emailing/sms/internet person go for a Blackberry.

The Blackberry doesn't have many apps available yet as they've only just started doing it but once it gets going I think people might go for the BB more than the iPhone...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered the Samsung Galaxy S?

I was in the same spot as you a little while ago, trying to decide between an iPhone and a blackberry but I discovered the Galaxy S and I love it!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had both, and prefer the bb. I guess it depends what you're looking for though, but the bb was perfect for me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What hand you shoot with doesn't make it clear what side you should shoot.
    How'd you figure that one? My above explanation still stands.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    How'd you figure that one? My above explanation still stands.
    There is no preferred side, related to which hand you use.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with the iPhone, I had a BB and would never go back now. If a lot of your friends have a blackberry you could still talk to them over their BBM if they have whatsapp.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no preferred side, related to which hand you use.
    If I asked you to cover your left ear would you use your right hand or your left? Left side; left hand.
    If you shoot right handed then it'd be very difficult to shoot yourself in the left side.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    If I asked you to cover your left ear would you use your right hand or your left? Left side; left hand.
    If you shoot right handed then it'd be very difficult to shoot yourself in the left side.
    Being a certain handedness isn't significant guidance to what side of the body one would shoot. What handedness do you refer to? Writing? The use of fire arms? The difference in effort required to shoot one side as opposed to the other with a preferred hand is negligible.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnocentLies)
    I would say Blackberry as I love mine (I have the Storm2)..one of my friends had the iPhone and she loved it but I really didn't..I think if you're into just playing on games all the time go for the iPhone but if you're more of a emailing/sms/internet person go for a Blackberry.

The Blackberry doesn't have many apps available yet as they've only just started doing it but once it gets going I think people might go for the BB more than the iPhone...
    The Storm is a disaster of a phone, even RIM have left that rubbish behind.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    The Storm is a disaster of a phone, even RIM have left that rubbish behind.
    You might not like it but plenty of people do, including me
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Being a certain handedness isn't significant guidance to what side of the body one would shoot. What handedness do you refer to? Writing? The use of fire arms? The difference in effort required to shoot one side as opposed to the other with a preferred hand is negligible.
    Eh? Who mentioned writing? Of course I mean the use of fire arms, that's like asking someone who is at dinner eating ravenously if they're hungry.
    Negligible? Have you not heard of kick back? If you use an inexperienced hand to fire a gun awkwardly you will probably break the wrist of said hand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Eh? Who mentioned writing? Of course I mean the use of fire arms, that's like asking someone who is at dinner eating ravenously if they're hungry.
    Negligible? Have you not heard of kick back? If you use an inexperienced hand to fire a gun awkwardly you will probably break the wrist of said hand.
    That would only apply to a subject knowledgeable of gun mechanics, hardly enough of 'em for it to stand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnocentLies)
    I haven't read on to see if anyones commented on your post but its really simple honestly!

When you go on BBM you just need to add some contacts using their BB pin.. you can find your BBpin on BBM if you go to 'My Profile'

Simples
    Aha thankyou! I suppose it's wasted on me as only about 3 people I know actually have Blackberrys. Thanks though

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 10, 2010
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.